Anesthesia Equip Tech
Job DescriptionFollows quality control standards established by the department and hospital. Communicates issues/concerns to supervisory staff appropriately. Principle Job Responsibilities - Conducts inventory and processes orders for department equipment and supplies. Cleans, tests and sets up equipment/supplies. Provides education, training, and orientation to staff for equipment used during patient care. Works effectively and appropriately communicates with other healthcare members.
- Accurately records quality control monitors on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Conducts quality control procedures after repair or service to equipment.
- Understands the importance for Quality Improvement monitors and can list the primary quality improvement indicators for the equipment areas.
- Maintains schedule and regularly changes Defend.
- Keeps flow modules marked for odd/ even rotation.
- Maintain schedule and regularly changes flow sensors.
- Recognizes and is knowledgeable of hospital and Joint Commission policies, national safety goals and recommendations.
- Disassembles, cleans, and assembles equipment in accordance with department, vendor, biomed, and infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates and understands Infection Control Standards and knowledge of general cleaning principles according to hospital policy.
- Principle Job Responsibilities - Conducts inventory and processes orders for department equipment and supplies. Cleans, tests and sets up equipment/supplies.
- Maintains inventory of all equipment used in Anesthesia department to include vendor, serial number, and Biomed number.
- Performs equipment/supply stocking and appropriately places orders for replacement supplies. Knows where all stock/supply items are stored and maintains adequate par levels.
- Consistently and accurately performs testing and calibration on equipment according to department and vendor standards.
- Completes work orders for engineering, Biomed and if appropriate for repairs and maintenance of equipment.
- Checks regularly on status of repairs.
- Maintains schedule for preventive maintenance of equipment.
- Knowledge and applies utilization of biotechnology to include: anesthesia machine checks, alarm diagnosis, and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to troubleshoot anesthesia machine, monitors, and adjunct equipment problems.
- Utilizes biotechnology and monitoring knowledge for application to all age groups.
- Knowledgeable and maintains environment of care inspections and documentation. Provides education, training, and orientation to staff for equipment used during patient care.
- Successfully completes all department, hospital, and system competencies required of job category within designated time frame.
- Maintains certifications as required in job specification.
- Provides education, training, and orientation to staff members as necessary and appropriate.
- Works effectively and appropriately communicates with other healthcare members.
- Consistently communicates with healthcare members and does so in a manner consistent with the Inova standards.
- Actively seeks ways to assist other members of the healthcare team. Is generally recognized by peers and supervisory staff as collaborative and helpful.
- Consistently manages and organizes work time effectively. Meets regularly with leadership team to advise on maintenance and repair status of anesthesia equipment.
- Works shifts necessary to carry out checks, repairs, and maintenance of equipment.
- Ensures accuracy and retains maintenance records of essential anesthetic equipment and has immediate access to records.
- Shares records with leadership upon request.
Completion of anesthesia technician orientation program.
Completion of GE vendor training course to be completed within six months of hire.
High School or GED
2 plus year experience in anesthesiology.
BLS from AHA
Hours are either 730AM to 530PM or 8AM to 4PM