Occupational Therapist PRN
Join the Inova Fairfax Hospital as an Occupational Therapist PRN Wkend! Don’t miss the opportunity to be a part of the organization and Hospital, recognized for excellence and innovation. This is an INPATIENT ADULT ACUTE CARE UNIT. MUST HAVE HOSPITAL INPATIENT EXPERIENCE.
Adhere to department policy regarding time frame, form and content of written evaluations, progress notes and discharge summaries. Communicate effectively with patients, family, medical staff, care team members, students, supervisors and outside contacts. Complete all administrative tasks and other responsibilities in support of the operating unit. Demonstrate essential skill competencies in the use of treatment modalities, equipment and protocols. Perform re-evaluations according to department guidelines, adjusting the treatment plan. Select evaluation and treatment methods appropriate to the diagnosis, age group and patients physical and emotional status and formulates appropriate treatment plans.
- Documents the results of the evaluation clearly and completely, including all essential elements according to department policy.
- Completes daily progress notes that reflect patient's response to treatment, actual performance, and an assessment as to status, relevant to the treatment plan and eventual discharge needs and treatment summaries if needed as evidenced by chart review.
- Completes discharge notes that include a summary of the course of treatment, progress toward goals, discharge needs, recommendations for follow-up, and patient and/or family education as evidenced by chart review and team feedback.
- Documents clearly, concisely and legibly within established time frames (e.g. allows other therapists to continue treatment, allows for interpretation by payers, supports reimbursement) as evidenced by chart review.
- Documents evidence of patient and family/caregiver education as evidenced by chart review.
- Communicates effectively with patients, family, medical staff, care team members, students, supervisors and outside contacts. Contacts families, physicians or other healthcare team members in anticipation of specials needs of the patients or family in a timely manner to facilitate effective treatment plans as evidenced by observation, chart review and team feedback.
- Provides educational materials and methods appropriate to the patient's level of understanding and motivation as evidenced by chart review, observation and team feedback. Includes family/caregiver in education and training as appropriate as evidenced by observation and documentation.
- Demonstrates collaboration in communication with team members and is open to feedback and receptive to change as evidenced by team feedback.
Education: B.S. in Occupational Therapy
Certification: BLS through American Heart Association (AHA)
Licensure: VA License required
Special Skills: Basic computer knowledge, proficient in English verbal and written skill