Nurse Manager Pre-Procedural Evaluation Clinic (PEC)
Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to announce that the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) awarded Magnet® designation, the most prestigious accolade for nursing excellence, to our hospital in December 2020. Currently, only 8.5% of hospitals in the nation hold Magnet® designation and Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to be part of this select group. The new Magnet designation is in addition to several other prestigious recognitions which include: a five star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), being named by IBM Watson Health as one the nation's highest performing hospitals, and among the top 10 Major Teaching Hospitals, an A for Patient Safety by The Leapfrog Group, the #1 hospital in the DC metro area by U.S. News & World Reports, and being nationally ranked in gynecologic care.
PEC Support is part of the Pre-Procedural Evaluation Clinic (PEC), a department which seeks to prepare patients for elective procedures under anesthesia on the Inova Fairfax Medical Campus. Nurses conduct telephone interviews, provide patient education and instructions, assess completeness of patient chart, escalate abnormal results and strive to ensure patient readiness on the day of surgery. Patients range from infants through geriatrics and cover a wide range of comorbidities (ASA1 through ASA4). Procedural areas include the Main/Tower OR, CVOR, PSB Surgery Center, Woodburn Surgery Center, Pulmonary Lab, ISCI, Gastroenterology Lab, MRI, CT and the Women’s OR. Evidence based guidelines, standards and pathways are utilized to guide our processes, along with collaboration with our clinic-based Anesthesiologist, Nurse Practitioners, and Nurses.
Hours of Operation:
PEC Support is located on the campus of Inova’s Center for Personalized Health, at 8095 Innovation Park Drive in Falls Church, directly across the street from the Inova Fairfax Medical Campus.
- Two years of clinical experience related to the unit's scope
- Previous first line management experience highly desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN), Master’s degree in Nursing (MSN) preferred
- Licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a Registered Nurse
- BLS Certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficient computer skills. Proven Leadership Skills and highly effective at leading a team and fostering a team environment. Demonstrates professionalism. Customer focused, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain partnerships. Strong problem solving capabilities and can effectively prioritize. Able to serve as a mentor and resource to other RNs