Job DescriptionUVA SOM Inova Campus Undergraduate Medical Education Program Coordinator
The UVA School of Medicine Inova Campus seeks a highly motivated applicant for an Undergraduate Medical Education Program Coordinator. The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide administrative, operational, and logistical day-to-day support to the short (Transition Course, Bedside to Community, and Internship Prep) and longitudinal course directors (Intersession Course and Patient Student Partnership). This position will work collaboratively with the Medical Education Coordinators in Charlottesville, and report to the Assistant Dean for Curriculum on the Inova campus.
The Inova regional campus is located in Northern Virginia on the Fairfax Medical Campus of Inova Health System. Working knowledge of best practices in medical education and accreditation would be a plus.
The ideal candidate will be able to pivot easily between independent project work and collaborations with Course Directors. The Program Coordinator must be able to balance multiple tasks, make sound decisions when there are competing priorities, plan and anticipate issues, and communicate effectively with multiple parties.
The UME Program Coordinator will be an employee of Inova Health System.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists course directors with the preparation, implementation and assist with continuous quality improvement and annual updates for short and longitudinal courses.
- Manage and prioritize day-to-day operations for short and longitudinal courses.
- Work collaboratively with the Medical Education Coordinators in Charlottesville to ensure comparability in delivery of curriculum across campuses.
- Financial duties include: tracking program expenses; paying patient honoraria; ordering supplies; setting up catering orders; and ensuring all invoices are paid in a timely fashion, adhering to Inova, state, and federal rules.
- Develop standard operating procedures for coordinator role.
- Assists with additional academic administrative duties as assigned.
Unique Course Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Transition Course Director for Inova and connect with the UVA counterparts in UVA Charlottesville.
- Manage the calendar of events in the UVA system VMed and Oasis.
Bedside to Community (B2C)
- Collaborate with the Course Director to ensure smooth operation of course throughout the year including developing academic schedules and coordinating with other Inova and UVA faculty/administrators.
- Provide daily on-site logistical support including: reserving space, and setting up/resetting rooms with supplies; scheduling meetings and courses on Zoom, including hosting meetings and facilitating breakout groups; ordering supplies; arranging catering; collecting paperwork from students and faculty; and providing assistance as needed.
- Respond to questions in advance of program, welcome students and faculty at each lecture, provide announcements of essential information at the start of program, and communicate critical information throughout the week.
- Create and maintain an attendance tracking sheet.
- Maintain inventory of supplies for procedure sessions and deliver to appropriate locations.
- Coordinate and assures proper communication and scheduling between students and course directors.
- Coordinate with course directors to request any special room requests for student sessions.
- Attend planning meetings and complete action items in a timely manner.
- Create and manage pre-survey questions and post-survey responses.
- Manage end-of-course evaluations.
- Maintain and update VMed website to ensure finalized schedule and session information is readily available.
- Order lunch for sessions, accept lunch deliveries, and distribute to locations.
- Perform a first day orientation to cover departmental procedures, evaluations, schedules, and provide any departmental tours.
- Survey student career preferences and match them with preceptors for their career exploration days.
- Coordinates and assures proper communication and scheduling between students and preceptors.
- Update excel sheet with student-preceptor matches and participating faculty with faculty appointments.
- Responsible for updating, editing and formatting all course materials and content (print and computer-based), including learning objectives, schedules/calendars, uploading resources, saving documents on the UVA Box repository.
- Organize and schedule in-person and on-line (Zoom) sessions for student and faculty.
- Create and manage pre-survey questions and post-survey responses using Qualtrics.
Patient Student Partnership (PSP)
- Assist the PSP director with the recruitment of patients and track using a spreadsheet/recruitment grid, troubleshoot any patient/student communication issues, assist with arranging PSP debriefs materials, and other PSP activities.
- Develops informational materials including newsletters, brochures, training materials, and manuals.
- Maintain and update VMed website and ensures patient interfacing website up-to-date.
BS/BA or equivalent work experience
3 years progressive responsibility, 5 or more years of relevant office experience
Highly developed organizational skills, excellent written and verbal skills, attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy, ability to work within deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, MS Work, Excel, Power Point, Access
Experience using BOX and Zoom.