Neurosurgeon- Complex Spine Deformity
Inova Neurosciences is a regional leader in the diagnosis, treatment and research of complex neurological conditions involving the brain, spine and nervous system. We are seeking a Complex Spine Neurosurgeon to join the Neurosciences Service Line with Inova Fairfax Medical Campus!
With more than twenty-five specialized programs, we have the largest and most expansive neuroscience-focused programs and services in Northern Virginia. Our highly trained and nationally recognized physicians treat a wide range of conditions, including brain and spinal tumors, concussion, concussion, epilepsy, headache, memory disorders, multiple sclerosis and neuroimmunology, neuromuscular, neuro-ophthalmology, neurotrauma and neurocritical care, pain management, Parkinson’s disease and movement disorders, pediatric neurology, sleep disorders, rehabilitation, spine conditions, and stroke and cerebrovascular disease.
Our physicians care for patients at Inova’s five hospitals (Inova Alexandria Hospital, Inova Fairfax Hospital, Inova Fair Oaks Hospital, Inova Loudoun Hospital and Inova Mount Vernon Hospital), physician offices and outpatient and rehabilitation treatment locations. Our comprehensive research program is committed to the advancement of treatment protocols. Our surgical volumes rank among the highest in the nation. We have a robust neurosurgery residency program and host a range of medical education offerings. The Inova Neuroscience and Spine Institute employs a multidisciplinary approach so that patients and their families experience expert, coordinated care from diagnosis to treatment.
- Board eligible/board certified in neurosurgery
- Fellowship Trained Complex Spine
- Elevated experience with 3-column work
- Scoliosis and Major Deformity work
- Passion for continued research (clinical and translational) and partnership with our fellows and residents
- Hospital employed position
- Competitive guaranteed salary and incentive component for the first 2 years
- Productivity-based salary after completion of the guaranteed period
- Full benefits, including, health, dental, vision and life
- Annual CME support
- Licensure and DEA reimbursement
Inova Neurosciences Program Highlights:
- Inova Neurosurgery is the largest neurosurgical group practice in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area
- 10 Neurosurgeons and approximately 9 APP’s
- Very high case volume (over 200 cases per year on average)
- The total clinical surgical volume of more than 3,000 cases is among the highest in the area
- Call requirement for Inova Fairfax Medical Campus only
- Each neurosurgeon is board-certified/board-eligible, most with advanced fellowship training in key specialties and/or dual degrees.
- Academic culture with daily and weekly conference
- Opportunity to work with and teach residents and medical students
- All Inova neurosurgeons are part of the nationally accredited resident teaching program to educate the next generation of neurosurgeons
- Academic affiliation with University of Virginia
- All of our neurosurgeons routinely contribute to prestigious neurological journals, either through original research or serving as editor/reviewers
- Participation in clinical trials
- Our neurosurgeons participate in clinical and laboratory research to advance lifesaving treatments for neurological conditions
About Inova Fairfax Medical Campus:
- 923 beds
- US News 2021 ranked #1 Hospital in DC and Virginia
- Only Level I Trauma Center in Northern Virginia- Inova Fairfax Hospital Emergency Department receives about 88,000 patients each year.
- Comprehensive Stroke Certified
- The Inova Epilepsy Center at Inova Fairfax Medical Campus is accredited and recertified by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers. It has held a level four accreditation, the highest level available, since 2017.
- Inova’s Multiple Sclerosis and Neuroimmunology Center was recognized as a partner in MS Care by the National MS Society.
- "A" from The Leapfrog Group's Hospital Safety Grade
- Diverse Patient Population
- Proximity to Washington DC (Large Metropolitan Area)
If interested in applying or for more information, please contact: Allison.Spindle@inova.org