Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery - Part Time
The Labor and Delivery Unit at Inova Alexandria Hospital is seeking an experienced L&D RN. The work schedule is part-time, day/night, 2 x 12 hour shifts per week.
Inova Alexandria Labor and Delivery is a 13-bed unit, complimented by 3 operating suites, 4 PACU beds, and 4 Clinical Decision beds. Approximately, 3,600 deliveries take place each year, including deliveries for high-risk obstetric patients. In our Clinical Decision Unit (Labor and Delivery Triage), we can care for as many as 450 patients a month. The L&D Unit delivers approximately 10 to 15 babies each day.
Nurse to Patient Ratios:
2:1 during early stages of labor
1:1 once patient is active and begins pushing
1:1 for all C-sections, epidural placements, TOLAC and fetal demises.
1:1 or up to 3:1 for antepartum patients, depending on level of acuity.
Watch this video to learn more about childbirth services at Inova Alexandria Hospital: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbgqvS-YU44
Inova Alexandria Hospital is a 318-bed community hospital that offers a full range of healthcare services and has received national recognition for healthcare excellence. From babies to seniors, Inova Alexandria Hospital Provides World-Class Medical Care. We are dedicated to continually expanding our programs and services to help ensure we meet the healthcare needs of the communities we serve today and in the future.
- Provides knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patient, family, nurse, and healthcare delivery team. Consistently provides safe, therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care. Conducts all patient care in a patient and family-centered manner. Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum, to include patient and family education.
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others. Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines. Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Serves as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment, and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality, through relationships and access-based knowledge. Utilizes standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery. Determines process for delivery of care from direct patient and family communication, technology, and other healthcare team member collaboration.
- Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning. Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice. Serves as a resource, preceptor, and mentor. Demonstrates leadership skills in decision making and problem solving.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive paid time off (PTO) accruals that increases with tenure
- Seven annual holidays in addition to your PTO
- Competitive 401k match
- Educational assistance
- Free parking for all Inova team members at all Inova locations
- A minimum of 6 months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting
- Education: BSN or MSN or
If Associates Degree RN-Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:
- Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
- Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification required
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
- Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others. Proficient computer skills required.
For internal use only: IND1 #LI-CR1