Student Respiratory Therapist
Are you in school to be a Respiratory Therapist and want to gain skills as you finish your degree? Join Inova and earn valuable insight and experience in a hospital respiratory setting. This position will work as needed and fill shifts around their school schedule. If this sounds like a opportunity to get your respiratory career started, apply now!
Inova is Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova’s 19,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes.
U.S. News & World Report has again ranked Inova Fairfax Hospital #1 in the Washington, DC metro area. In addition, Inova Fairfax has also been ranked #1 in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Inova’s flagship location is Inova Fairfax Medical Campus, a 923-bed medical center serving Northern Virginia, the Washington DC metro area and beyond. We consistently receive accolades for our high quality of patient care and safety in both national and regional rankings. Our campus includes Inova Fairfax Hospital, Inova Heart and Vascular Institute, Inova Schar Cancer Institute, Inova Neurosciences Institute, Inova Children’s Hospital and Inova Women’s Hospital. The campus is also home to Northern Virginia's only Level 1 Trauma Center and offers organ transplant programs for Heart, Lung, Kidney and Pancreas.
- Develops a broad working knowledge of the medical profession to form an understanding of the role Respiratory Care Practitioner plays in health care and other health care professionals.
- Works at developing an understanding of quality as it relates to patient care and job performance.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development through self motivation and demonstrating a willingness to learn.
- Experience - Currently enrolled in an entry or advanced level program for Respiratory Care.
- Education - Student enrolled in an American Medical Association/Committee for Accreditation Respiratory Therapy Education accredited program for respiratory therapy. High School., GED and/or appropriate certification. Successful completion of first year respiratory therapy.
- Certification - BLS; CPR Certified