Registered Nurse First Assistant Labor and Delivery
The Labor and Delivery Unit at Inova Fair Oaks Hospital is seeking a full-time, Registered Nurse First Assistant.
Sign-On/Relocation Bonus Information:
This position is eligible for a competitive Sign-On Bonus up to $20,000. Candidates who are relocating 50 miles or further are also eligible for relocation assistance.
The Labor and Delivery unit, which has recently undergone a beautiful renovation, consists of thirteen private labor and delivery rooms, an eight-bed triage/PACU area, and three operating rooms. The types of patients range from low risk deliveries to high-risk patients with pre-existing multisystem medical and obstetrical problems. The usual staffing assignment consists of 1 RN for 2 laboring patients and change to 1 nurse to 1 patient based on acuity and phase of labor. The team is committed to meeting the highest standards in quality care and patient experience and is proud of their continuing Magnet status.
Inova Fair Oaks Hospital is a top-ranked 182-bed acute care community hospital serving the rapidly growing suburbs of Northern Virginia. Inova Fair Oaks Hospital is committed to providing safe care, excellent service and is continuously striving to improve each patient's unique experience. That's why every patient we serve is a VIP – a Very Important Patient.
Inova Fair Oaks Hospital is located in Fairfax, Virginia, a suburb of Washington DC. Fairfax is home to restaurants, historic sites, museums, shopping and countless other entertainment options. Fairfax County Public Schools is one of the largest school districts in the country and serves the extremely diverse community of Fairfax County. If you are interested in relocating to Fairfax, Virginia and working at Inova Fair Oaks Hospital, we can offer you relocation assistance!
Registered Nurse First Assistant:
- Provides a safe therapeutic core by collaboration with the surgeons and health care team in performing a safe operation with optimal outcomes for the patient. The RNFA practices preoperative nursing and must have acquired the necessary knowledge, skills, and judgement specific to clinical practice.
- Teamwork-Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others. Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines. Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Quality/Best Practice-Utilizes standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery. Incorporates data and information to continuously improve care and practice to enhance outcomes.
- Professional Development-Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning. Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice, serves as a resource preceptor, and mentor. Leadership skills demonstrated in decision making and problem solving.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive paid time off (PTO) accruals that increases with tenure
- Seven annual holidays in addition to your PTO
- Competitive 401k match
- Educational assistance
- Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates
- Free parking for all Inova team members at all Inova locations
- 5 Years of Perioperative Nursing practice as both a scrub and circulating nurse, or if less years of experience, 3 recommendations from practicing Surgeons and demonstrated clinical practice.
- Education: Successful completion of an RFNA program that meets AORN recommended education standards for RN First Assistant programs.
- BSN or MSN or
If Associates Degree RN-Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:
- Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
- Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- Meets requirements of statutes, regulations and institutional policies relevant to RN First Assistants.
- BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification from the American Heart Association required.
- CNOR Certification
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
- Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others. Proficient computer skills required.
For internal use only: #LI-BQ1 IND1