Registered Nurse Progressive Care Unit
Description for Internal Candidates
We are seeking an experienced RN with telemetry experience for a position in the Progressive Care Unit at Inova Fair Oaks Hospital.
Full Time / Days
Inova Fair Oak’s Telemetry Unit is home to 36 beds. Patients admitted to Telemetry require cardiac monitoring and frequently have cardiac, renal, respiratory, and/or gastrointestinal disease processes. In order to care for these complex patients the staff works together as a team with a unified mission of quality and excellence.
Inova Fair Oaks Hospital is a top-ranked 182-bed acute care community hospital serving the rapidly growing suburbs of Northern Virginia. Inova Fair Oaks Hospital is committed to providing safe care, excellent service and is continuously striving to improve each patient's unique experience. That's why every patient we serve is a VIP – a Very Important Patient. Inova Fair Oaks Hospital has been named a Magnet™ organization, one of the highest levels of recognition a hospital can achieve for excellence in nursing services
Our commitment to keeping patients safe, means there’s no safer place for you to work.
· Inova is well stocked with the best and latest PPE
· Masks are provided to patients entering our buildings, and offered free to visitors
· Covid-19 patients are isolated in dedicated areas
· Inova operates curbside Covid-19 testing sites that are far removed from the main facilities
· All team members are trained in the latest screening guidelines
Registered Nurses with at least two years of Progressive Critical Care RN experience are eligible to receive a $20,000 sign on bonus. Those relocating from more than 50 miles away will also receive up to $20,000 in reimbursable relocation expenses. Your Critical Care RN experience must be within the same specialty area you are hired into. Those entering fellowship programs are not eligible. Accepting the bonus requires signing a 3 year employment agreement.
BSN or AD Required
If RN has an AD, within 6 months of start date the RN must meet with their nurse leader
* Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
* Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
* Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
* Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as an RN
BLS for Healthcare Provider certification required
Proficient in English.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to display a caring demeanor toward others.
Proficient computer skills required.