Behavioral Health Therapist II
Inova Cares Clinic for Behavioral Health is a new clinic developed to provide therapeutic services to patients without insurance coverage who are struggling with mild to moderate mental health needs.
The Inova Cares Clinic for Behavioral Health (ICCBH) is an Ambulatory clinic located in Leesburg, VA. ICCBH is searching for Behavioral Health Therapists to provide therapeutic support for this vulnerable population. Bilingual candidates are welcome and preferred but not required.
Inova’s mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. As a not-for-profit health system, our commitment is to meet the healthcare needs and improve the health of the communities we serve. We work in innovative ways to meet the healthcare challenges of today, while striving to meet the needs of the future.
Recognizing that research and innovation are vital elements to providing world-class patient care, Inova participates in a large number of cutting-edge clinical trials and research projects. Our diverse clinical activities make us a first-class location for scientific research.
Our commitment to ensure high-quality care is strengthened by our range of rigorous professional education programs to improve medical practice skills and patient outcomes. Inova's work extends beyond the walls of our hospitals and outpatient centers. We bring disease-prevention programs, health and exercise classes, and improved access to care for vulnerable children and adults directly to the community through our many outreach programs and partnerships.
At Inova, more than 18,000 employees demonstrate their commitment every day to providing the community with expert, world-class, compassionate patient care.
- Assesses and diagnoses mental health and/or substance use disorders through a bio/psycho/social department-specific evidenced based assessment identifying patient and family goals and needs. Integrates assessment using information related to cultural, clinical, ethnic, age and other factors into the plan of care and provides a range of therapeutic interventions, psycho-educational programming and behavioral interventions (when indicated) to assist the patient/family in achieving the goals and objectives of the individualized service plan.
- Provides care management to ensure that the patient and family receive and are subsequently referred to appropriate healthcare and community resources to optimize treatment/intervention outcomes. When indicated by role, participates in inpatient and community psychoeducational programs, facilitates support groups for specified disease processes related to mental health, medical diagnosis and chronic or life-limited illnesses while assisting with community outreach as needed.
- Provides documentation and performs administrative functions appropriate to the clinical role and/or department.
- Adheres to Inova Health System's Culture of Safety and participates in maintaining a professional culture throughout the organization.
- Strives to increase professional knowledge, develop expertise and works toward licensure and certifications. Practices within the Code of Ethics. Participates in staff meetings and professional committees as assigned.
- Two years of experience in mental health/substance use disorder treatment, psychoeducational programming.
- Master's Degree, PhD, PsyD, EdD in mental health, social work, Counseling, or behavioral health-related field or degree.
- BLS certified through the American Heart Association.
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Clinical Psychologist (LCP), or Licensed Substance Abuse Professional (LSATP).