Back to Results
Alexandria Hospital 607643 Part Time 4320 Seminary Road, Alexandria, VA, 22304, USApply
A day in the life of a Rad Tech can look like:
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of radiologic principles, theory, anatomy and pathology processes by utilizing the most appropriate techniques and/or positioning for optimal examinations.
- Adheres to department policies and protocols by ensuring all examinations are optimized for interpretation.
- Confidently operates radiological equipment in all care settings (i.e. fluoroscopy, trauma, Emergency department and the Operating Room).
- Demonstrates the ability and skills to assist in teaching radiography students sound radiography principles.
- Administers sound patient care practices according to hospital/department policies and procedures to ensure the safety of patients.
- Communicates effectively with patients to obtain clinical history and informed consent from patients' and/or patients' charts to assist physicians in optimizing the performance and interpretation of examinations.
- Explains procedures to patients/families and answers any questions to ease anxiety and assure patient cooperation.
- Work schedule: PRN
- Education: Graduate of an accredited radiology school or program. Associates Degree preferred but not required.
- Experience: 2 years combined classroom and clinical training in radiology. Recent experience in a hospital/healthcare environment as a Radiologic Technologist/student
- Certification: BLS by the AHA; ARRT within 12 mo of hire