Financial Specialist 2
Job DescriptionAs a Financial Specialist 2, you will complete work assignments within established quality standards. To help achieve our mission, you will communicate effectively with various audiences using the most appropriate method. Your ability to counsel patients on financial liability using available financial counseling tools to achieve maximum reimbursement for patient services is of vital importance. Verifying and entering insurance information and authorization/referral requirements is required. Your ability to contribute to a safe patient care environment is expected.
- Accepts responsibility to review and correct errors before completion and routes to others for review when appropriate.
- Participates in process improvement activities and makes suggestions for new or revised policies and procedures.
- Reports all near misses, accidents and occurrences for patients, visitors and staff. Observes working environment for potential and actual hazards. Attends patient safety training and maintains current safety certifications – if required.
- Responds to problems with a sense of urgency. Uses a logical process to identify problem origin and develop appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of frontend functions that initiate patient care such as scheduling, registration and care management.
- Informs and consults with team members, leaders and stakeholders about potential barriers that impact team results.
- Anticipates overload and peak work conditions and makes plans/identifies resources to resolve them.
- Demonstrates an understanding of account resolution processes such as benefit verification, insurance classification, billing complaint claims and account follow up.
High school or GED
3 years of patient access experience
Basic communication and computer skills. Proven history of sound decision making, problem solving, and analytical thinking.