Physician Leader, Breast Cancer Survivorship Program
The Inova Schar Cancer Institute is currently seeking a team-oriented physician to lead the development of its new Breast Survivorship Clinic. The Inova Schar Cancer Institute is a state-of-the-art cancer center dedicated to delivering the best quality cancer care, from prevention and diagnosis to survivorship. An effective clinical leader with an interest in women’s health and wellness is needed to pave the way for cancer survivorship services at Inova.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provide direct medical care to cancer patients in the survivorship phase (recurring and prevention management) in collaboration with the medical, surgical and radiation oncology team
- Symptom management as appropriate with a focus on Women’s Health (menopause, AIs, brain fog, fertility, sexual health, insomnia, etc.)
- Work closely with other providers to personalize patients’ survivorship care plans
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary providers to ensure all health and wellness goals are met (PT/OT, lymphedema, behavioral health, fitness, nutrition, etc.)
- Develop survivorship clinical standards
- Develop referral guidelines for survivorship across Inova
- Identify champions of survivorship care within the Inova network to provide full service care for cancer survivors, including but not limited to: cardio-onc, onco-fertility, sexual health specialists, sleep experts, etc.
- Actively participate in internal quality improvement teams and work with team members to proactively drive improvement initiatives
- Opportunities for research
Work Schedule: Monday- Friday
Inova provides a comprehensive compensation package that includes a competitive salary and bonus incentives, as well as full medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO, short- and long-term disability, CME funds, paid days off to attend CME and much more!
Active VA license or ability to obtain VA licensure
Expertise and passion for Women’s Health