Med Hospitalist - Full Time- IFMC
The hospitalist will provide direct hands-on care to patients within the limits of credentials granted by the Medical Staff of Inova Fairfax Hospital in recognition of advanced training and experience in this field. Additionally, they will adhere to patient care and admission criteria policies and procedures of the Department of Medicine.
Serves as Hospitalist in accordance with a published schedule determined by the Department which will include:
- Emergency Department call for the Department of Medicine
- Hospital admissions from community physicians per practice coverage agreements as well as transfers from outside facilities
- Inpatient consultation as requested by other services
We offer a highly attractive compensation and benefits package that include:
• Salary and annual bonuses
• Robust CME program
• Full Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with Match!, 403(b) & 457(b)
• Short and long term disability
• Generous CME Allowance
For the second consecutive year, Inova Fairfax Medical Campus has been named the #1 Best Hospital in the Washington, DC region, and the #1 Best Hospital in the State of Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in its annual rankings.
Inova Health System is located just outside of Washington DC in the vibrant Northern Virginia community. With 20,000 employees, Inova is the largest private employer in Northern VA! We are a nationally ranked health system with 5 hospitals within our system. Four hospitals are level 2 trauma and Inova Fairfax Medical Campus (975 beds) is the only level 1 trauma center in Northern VA. All hospitals are CMS 5 star and Leap Frog A rated. One of only a handful of health systems that has been acknowledge for gold standards in safety! Inova is also the official health care provider for the World Champion Washington Nationals!
We also provide world class cancer care at our Inova Schar Cancer Institute which is a state of the art cancer treatment center that provides everything cancer related. Inova Schar gives patients unmatched logistical, clinical and emotional support. Our team of nationally renowned doctors, specialists, surgeons, genetic counselors, nurses and caregivers are backed by the latest in drug discovery, clinical trials, research and advanced treatments.
Northern VA is home to well-known communities as Arlington, Alexandria, Mclean, Ashburn and Fairfax to name a few. With nationally ranked schools, a diverse job market, strong housing market, culturally diverse communities and world class amenities, Northern VA is consistently voted one of the nation's most desired places to live!
- Board certified or board eligible by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Licensed to practice internal medicine in the State of Virginia
- Credentialed by the INOVA Health System as an associate or courtesy member of the medical staff with clinical privileges in internal medicine, to include the care of inpatients.