Back to Results
Medical Assistant - Primary Care (Purcellville)
Inova Medical Group - Purcellville 609443 Full Time 711 East Main Street, Purcellville, VA, 20132, USApply
Inova Primary Care in Purcellville, VA is seeking a passionate Medical Assistant to join their dedicated team of healthcare professionals!
- Performs general patient care responsibilities including checking schedules and organizing patient flow. Records patients' blood pressure, height and weight. Accompanies patients to exam/procedure rooms by assisting patients, as needed, with walking. Collects specimens, conducts phlebotomy and administers injections. Assists physicians and nurses in preparing patients for examinations and treatment. Relays instructions to patients and families while answering calls and providing pertinent information to the appropriate parties.
- Performs pre-visiting planning as indicated by physicians for the vulnerable population. Sends/receives patient medical records. Obtains lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information and other appropriate documentation while completing forms and requisitions as needed.
- Organizes medical records such as lab results, progress notes, etc. to ensure that providers have all of the necessary information available during patient encounters.
- Scans necessary medical information into charts thus readying charts for patient encounters. Instructs patients in basic testing requirements (e.g. clean catch urine, EKG, phlebotomy, pap tests, etc.).
- Sets up instruments and equipment according to protocol. Cleans exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits. Orders, sorts and stores supplies in addition to restocking exam/procedures rooms.
- Properly disposes of expired medications and supplies. Adheres to and employs appropriate sterile technique and universal precaution guidelines.
- Follows guidelines for point of care testing, EKG techniques and phlebotomy as per manufacturers' requirements for equipment. Performs daily checks of equipment to ensure it is in proper working order.
- Checks environment prior to starting the clinic day to ensure that there are no hazards in the hallways, no open containers and that rooms are clean and free of debris. Assists with the identification of actual and potential risks to patient safety. Reports patient safety issues to physicians and practice managers in a timely manner. Provides information to patients so that they may fully utilize and benefit from clinic services. Assists with data collection for quality improvement activities.
- Consistently reports patient data in a concise and thorough manner. Seeks to improve the effectiveness of communication and interactions with others. Communicates problems relating to patients and/or staff with practice managers in an objective and timely manner. Respects and promotes patients' rights. Secures computers when not in use and does not access records in an open area when in view of patients. Demonstrates compassion and care in dealing with others. Uses unbiased observations when reporting patients' concerns, both medically and personally, to physicians and other members of the care team.
- Participates in continuing education activities that enhance your professional abilities and ensure up to date patient care. Actively participates in clinic huddles and offers suggestions to better meet the needs of patients and clinic flow. Maintains own Team Member Continuing Education Record and completes all annual competency reviews.
- Participates actively in quality improvement initiatives and understands the importance of quality improvement.
- Experience: Previous experience in a medical group practice or similar situation is preferred.
- Education: High School or GED
- Special Skills: Proficiency in medical terminology is preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Customer service oriented.