Clinical Research Nurse
Inova Fairfax Medical Campus – Research Cardiology is seeking Full-time Clinical Research Nurse to join the team. An ideal candidate will be able to adhere to the following functions:
As a Clinical Research Nurse, you will adhere to ICH- GCP, DHHS (OHRP and FDA) and Inova Health System guidelines when implementing research trials to ensure the highest quality of research within Inova from site selection to study closure. To help achieve our mission, you will coordinate financial aspects of clinical trial implementation from protocol feasibility through study closure. Your ability to make a continuous effort to foster self-development, enhance work related skills and improve job performance and expertise is of vital importance. Communicating effectively and working in collaboration with the Research Team in order to meet research study and departmental objectives is required.
- Reviews protocol to assess study requirements in determining feasibility (i.e. clinical, financial and logistical) for site participation and provides feedback to PI and research manager/department director.
- Demonstrates a detailed knowledge of all components of the research study protocol and research procedures by creating study tools (packets/checklists) and training hospital staff/departments as needed in the management of the research subject.
- Prepares complete e-Protocol research applications and follows up on their review and approval while addressing any concerns. Completes and submits all regulatory documents to IRB and study sponsor, as required, prior to any research activities being initiated until study completion.
- Maintains complete and organized regulatory documents including CVs while keeping licenses and training certificates up to date throughout study duration.
- Manages multiple research studies as established in collaboration with the research manager/department director.
- Collaborates with PI and/or supervisor to determine eligibility when appropriate.
- Performs protocol and general research procedures as needed, (i.e., providing complete organized clear/appropriate documentation for study related activities; maintaining screening/enrollment logs/tracking systems, as required by the sponsor/department; accurately storing, logging and locking study drugs/devices; maintaining up to date investigational drug/device accountability logs; preparing dangerous goods for shipment according to Inova/state/federal regulations).
- Distributes and administers investigational drug or assists other research personnel and non-research clinical staff with their administration.
- Three years of nursing/healthcare experience plus one year of research
- BSN and/or RN in Nursing
- Active Virginia RN license
- Basic Life Support by American Heart Association
- Meet qualifications for CCRC or CCRP certification (ACRP or SOCRA) after two years of research experience