Registered Nurse Fellow -Cardiology Neurosciences Intensive Care Unit
Inova Alexandria Hospital.
Communicates effectively with patients and families, team members and medical providers. Creates a collaborative team working environment. Has respect for and understanding of clinical disciplines. Uses an focused, integrated approach toward improving patient outcomes and the patient experience of care delivery. The RN Fellow participates in learning new knowledge, developing new skills, and meeting program objectives to be able to practice in assigned patient care delivery setting utilizing and applying new knowledge. The RN Fellow will be given time to learn, opportunities to practice, and mentoring to imbed the newly learned skills and knowledge. The RN Fellowship program will develop the necessary clinical skills to practice nursing in a competent manner within a specified service line. The RN Fellow, in an atmosphere of acceptance and support, will learn under the direct supervision of an experienced RN and through various other training formats.
- As an active member of the health care team, effectively communicates with other health care team members and participates in multidisciplinary rounds and meetings.
- Open to feedback, mentoring, and suggestions from colleagues to implement change and enhance care.
- Identifies and seeks out members of the health care team as a resource to increase practice knowledge and seeks validation of clinical decisions from unit resources.
- Identifies unit goals and supports the culture of the Inova health care system.
- Demonstrates willingness to give 100% and voluntarily assists others when needs arise.
- Works efficiently within the health care team to achieve maximum productivity and achieve identified outcomes.
- Learner will attend and participate in all learning sessions assigned as required for successful completion of the RN Fellowship Completes all assignments (classroom work, computer-based learning modules, laboratory simulation, and assigned reading on time and is able to recall, comprehend and apply in the classroom and clinical setting.
- Able to learn new skills, verbalize reasoning, and demonstrate use of equipment and supplies involved in providing safe, high quality, and effective patient care.
- Candidate will successfully integrate novice nursing abilities with new knowledge and the capacity to incorporate and transfer these skills into the delivery of safe, high quality patient care
- Performs patient assessments to collect basic data; follows the written plan of care, standards, practice guidelines, utilizes pathways under the supervision of an experienced RN.
- Utilizes assessment data and patient preferences, identify patient care needs.
- Utilizing the Inova Nursing Professional Practice Model and Care Delivery Model, organizes, prioritizes, and delivers patient care to assigned patients, include procedures, therapies, tests and patient education to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Provides compassionate and empathetic hands on care, while maintaining patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Able to state rationale for clinical decisions based on educational knowledge, principles and evidence-based practices.
- Monitors patient's progress toward expected outcomes and adjusts the plan of care accordingly.
- Accurately documents all patient care activities as per documentation standards and seeks assistance from others to further develop documentation skills.