Registered Nurse PRN Women's Surgical Specialty Unit
The Gynecology Unit at Inova Fairfax hospital is seeking an energetic, service oriented Registered Nurse to work on a fast-paced medical surgical unit for women ages 18 and up. It is a great opportunity to see a variety of patients and expand fundamental clinical skills!
Inova Fairfax Hospital has been ranked #6 in the nation for Gynecologic care in the annual U.S. News Best Hospitals report!
This position is PRN and hours will be as needed.
Inova Fairfax Hospital Women’s Center has the largest and most respected gynecologic surgery program in the region. Inova Women's Hospital has been designated as a Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology by AAGL, the leading association promoting minimally invasive gynecologic surgery. This designation means that both the hospital and the surgeons have undergone a review process and met standards to ensure the efficacy, safety and efficiency of their minimally invasive gynecology capabilities. Inova Women's Hospital offers the region's largest and most respected program for the diagnosis and treatment of pelvic floor disorders. We were the first area hospital to perform many of the minimally invasive procedures that improve women's outcomes while minimizing the impact of these procedures on quality of life.
Procedures on this unit include:
• General Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgery
• Gynecology / Oncology Surgery
• Urology / Gynecology Surgery
• Breast Surgery
• Plastics Surgery
• General Medicine / Telemetry & Continuous Pulse oximetry Monitoring
• Extended Recovery from Outpatient Procedure
• Success on this unit = flexibility, organization, time management, teamwork oriented, supportive, service minded, patient centered, and ready for learning!
Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to announce that the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) awarded Magnet® designation, the most prestigious accolade for nursing excellence, to our hospital in December 2020. Currently, only 8.5% of hospitals in the nation hold Magnet® designation and Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to be part of this select group. The new Magnet designation is in addition to several other prestigious recognitions which include: a five star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), being named by IBM Watson Health as one the nation's highest performing hospitals, and among the top 10 Major Teaching Hospitals, an A for Patient Safety by The Leapfrog Group, the #1 hospital in the DC metro area by U.S. News & World Reports, and being nationally ranked in gynecologic care.
The Inova Registered Nurse:
• Provides knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patient, family, nurse, and healthcare delivery team. Consistently provides safe, therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care. Conducts all patient care in a patient and family-centered manner. Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum, to include patient and family education.
• Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others. Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines. Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
• Serves as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment, and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality, through relationships and access-based knowledge. Utilizes standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery. Determines process for delivery of care from direct patient and family communication, technology, and other healthcare team member collaboration.
• Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning. Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice. Serves as a resource, preceptor, and mentor. Demonstrates leadership skills in decision making and problem solving.
• A minimum of 6 months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting
• Education: BSN or MSN or
If Associates Degree RN-Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:
• Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
• Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
• Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
• BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification from the American Heart Association required
• RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
• Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others. Proficient computer skills required.