Registered Nurse Med Tele Nights / Eligible for Sign On Bonus
Fairfax Medical Center is looking for an RN interested in working in a Med Tele overflow unit. Patient population would consist of those with a variety of diseases, post-surgical, and serious medical conditions with some possibly on tele monitors. Night shift Eligible for Sign On Bonus
If you are an RN New Graduate interested in learning more about this unit, please apply HERE
As a Registered Nurse, you will provide knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patients/families, nurse and healthcare delivery teams. To help achieve our mission, you will consistently provide safe and therapeutic care in a holistic/systematic way while incorporating differences into the provision of care and conducting all patient care in a patient/family centered manner. Your ability to integrate knowledge, skills and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum, to include patient and family education, is of vital importance. Communicating effectively and working cooperatively with others while having respect for and an understanding of other clinical disciplines is required. Your ability to determine processes for delivery of care from direct patient/family communication, technology and other healthcare team member collaboration is essential.
- Performs comprehensive assessments by interpreting multiple, sometimes conflicting, data sets and synthesizing their interrelationships.
- Formulates an individualized plan of care based on assessment findings and interpreting trends in patient populations to achieve best practice.
- Supports and empowers patients/families as they progress through the healthcare continuum from health promotion to end of life decisions.
- Advocates patient rights from the patient/family perspective and provides counsels while acting as a resource to resolve issues.
- Anticipates ethical, spiritual and cultural needs while intervening to maximize patient outcomes. Coordinates healthcare and alternate services for patient/family transition planning.
- Makes clinical decisions based on experience, patient population data and intuition while promoting the development of clinical decision making of all team members.
- Documents all patient care activities, as per documentation standards, and assists healthcare team members with documentation.
- Evaluates the outcomes of documentation and contributes to performance improvement initiatives related to documentation.
- Provides validation of clinical decisions for other staff members and seeks validation from others for complex patients or unfamiliar situations.
- Collaborates with the healthcare team and leads other disciplines to meet desired outcomes. Mentors staff in understanding and advocating for the importance of utilizing evidence based aare initiatives in nursing practice.
- Evaluates the process to achieve outcomes, anticipates patient variances and makes revisions to plans of care.
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others.
- Has respect for and an understanding of other clinical disciplines.
- Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and assists in the resolution of conflict among healthcare team members, patients and families.
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team and incorporates their expertise to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Keeps informed of unit initiatives and incorporates outcomes of team/committee work into practice.
- Delegates patient care activities and coordinates unit activities.
- Assists staff to assess patients' learning needs and outcomes measurement of patient education.
- Accesses resources from all disciplines to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates willingness to give 100 percent and assist others voluntarily.
- Works with the team to achieve maximum productivity.
- Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in lifelong learning.
- Demonstrates leadership skills in decision making and problem solving.
- Demonstrates role model and leadership behaviors consistently.
- Acts as a clinical resource and serves as a mentor to healthcare team members.
- Identifies own learning needs and develops professional goals.
- Seeks opportunities to obtain education to enhance practice.
- Collaborates in the development and implementation of an educational plan for identified needs.
- Reviews self-development plan and professional goals.
- Seeks new knowledge toward the progression of professional goals.
- Demonstrates evidence of self-development by obtaining a minimum of six formal contact hours.
- Maintains own Team Member Continuing Education Record.
- Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice while serving as a resource, preceptor and mentor.
- Conducts all patient care in a patient and family centered manner. Integrates knowledge, skills and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum to include patient and family education.
- Makes clinical decisions based on experience, patient population data and intuition.
- Promotes clinical decision making development in all team members.
- Utilizes standards, guidelines and pathways for care delivery.
- Ensures that the process for delivery of care is synthesized from direct patient/family communication, technology and other healthcare team member collaboration.
- Serves as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality through relationships and access-based knowledge.
Able to work autonomously. Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. Good assessment and independent thinking skills.
A minimum of six months of Registered Nurse clinical experience.
BSN or AD If RN has an AD, within 6 months of start date the RN must meet with their nurse leader and
* Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
* Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required prerequisites and timeline for taking the courses
* Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
* Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
BLS for Healthcare Provider required through American Heart Association
For internal use: