Project Manager IDCD
Inova is looking for a Full Time Project Manager to join their team!
As a Project Manager for Inova Health System's Design and Construction Department (IDCD), you will coordinate contractor selection, prepare request for proposal packages, ensure accuracy of bid analysis and coordinate award of construction contracts. To help achieve our mission, you will demonstrate fiscal accountability for projects to include budget development and cost compliance. Developing initial project master schedules/milestones and monitoring project progress resulting in timely project completion for Inova is of vital importance. Your ability to review conceptual designs with operating units and design professionals (i.e. Architects, Engineers and/or Consultants) to ensure the design scope, schedule and budget are aligned is required. Monitoring progress of project teams through construction phases of projects while notifying IDCD of any deficiencies is expected.
- Coordinates the development of a detailed bid/award schedule for each design package and coordinates these schedules with the Architects.
- Offers advice/guidance on the appropriate method of construction contracting (i.e. Fixed Fee, Guaranteed Maximum Price, Negotiated Bid).
- Assists Architects in bidder pre-qualifications, pre-bid conferences, issuing Request for Proposal (RFP) letters, reviewing addendum, potential bidder lists, bid tabulations/analysis, review of unit prices listed in bid, contractor negotiations and in determining which alternates to award.
- Ensures contractor selection process is adhered to and completed in compliance with project schedule requirements.
- Uses internal legacy cost information, internet construction indices and other external resources to assist with project feasibility studies and budget planning/development.
- Manages the project budget including all budget reallocations, allowances, contractor set-asides and/or construction contingency funds.
- Reviews and recommends approval of additional construction work and contract amendments. Ensures contractor changes are kept to a minimum with costs no greater than five – 10 percent of original contract.
- Solicits information from various expert sources such as land use attorneys, contractors, architects, consultants and county/government agencies.
- Completes initial master schedules in Microsoft Project and submits to supervisor for review/approval in a timely manner.
- Monitors and updates projects on a monthly basis by using Microsoft Project software.
- Monitors progress to schedule and makes appropriate corrections as needed.
- Monitors progress of Project Team through construction phase of the project and notifies Inova Health System's Design and Construction Department (IDCD) of any deficiencies.
- Coordinates design efforts with Inova operating units, Equipment Planners, Information Technology/Telecommunications, Signage Coordinator, Food Service and all other requisite vendors to define needs.
- Manages the IDCD constructability reviews and Architect responses to RFPs. Leads the design phase cost control process, prepares the work plan with project estimates and offers value engineering proposals/alternatives.
- Monitors Architects' design process.
- Edits assigned divisions of the Bid documents prepared by Architects for job sequencing and job specific requirements.
- For General Construction contracts, prepares site logistics plans that include access, staffing areas, sequencing, temporary facilities, temporary utilities and construction parking.
- For Construction Management contracts, ensures that the Construction Management firm prepares a site logistics plan.
- Serves as a county/state Liaison by ensuring all documents and permits are obtained for approval to proceed with construction projects.
- Assists in development and/or coordination of documents necessary for agency review and approval.
- Assists Inova Strategic Planning in preparing initial project feasibility and Certificate of Public Need (COPN) application. Coordinates design professionals' preparation of documentation required of external agencies to support COPN application.
- Ensures county/state documents are submitted in a accurate and timely manner. Coordinates preparation for and attendance at Regional Health Planning Agency meetings. Coordinates with applicable utilities to determine infrastructure requirements.
- Ensures permit review is clearly monitored and expedited.
- Coordinates with design professionals and zoning counsel to prepare special exception amendments when required. Manages projects through the zoning approval process.
- Ensures that construction is in accordance with all NFPA, IBC, ILSM, ICRA and VUSBC requirements for hospital occupancy and other occupancies as applicable. Coordinates the peer review process.
- Serves as a project team leader for contractors, architects, engineers, Inova hospital staff and/or any other outside consultant. Maintains regular meetings with contractors and Inova hospital staff to discuss construction issues and to provide owners direction.
- Reviews critical "Open Issues" with the Architects and General Contractors while ensuring that next steps have been determined with a responsible party and target completion date on a bi-weekly basis.
- Coordinates, directs and monitors the activities of the project team.
- Remains available by cell phone, pager and home phone to answer questions and handle important issues.
- Reviews and authorizes construction documents as IDCD Owner's Representative (e.g. Field Work Directives to GCs, ASI and Addenda release forms, Contractor and Architect progress payments, etc.). Serves as a project leader and note taker for meetings with contractors, architects, engineers, consultants and hospital staff.
- Coordinates the equipment planning and procurement process with the IDCD Project Manager assigned to Equipment Planning and Transition.
- Five years of Construction/Design experience with a General Contractor, Mechanical Contractor, or Electrical Contractor. Facilities Engineering & Maintenance work experience with a hospital completing or having completed major new construction and renovation projects.
- Bachelor's degree in construction related field of study or a two-year associates degree in a construction-related field and 10 years hospital construction experience as a general contractor's project manager or superintendent on major healthcare projects.