Interventional Radiology Registered Nurse PRN
We are seeking a PRN Interventional Radiology RN at the IHVI Inova Fairfax Medical Campus.
10 hour shifts (7:00am-5:30pm and 7:30am-6:00pm)
4 x 10 hour shifts in a 6 week schedule. On call: 1-2 shifts every 6 weeks
The Interventional Radiology department serves over 5,000 patients each year, both inpatient and outpatient, adult and pediatric population, from every patient care-oriented service line on the campus. Our multi-disciplinary team of Interventional Radiologists, Neurosurgeons, Vascular Surgeons, Nurses, and Technologists provides excellent patient care across multiple modalities including Body IR, Peripheral Vascular, Neuro Interventional, and Aortic Endovascular.
We pride ourselves in serving our patients in:
- Thrombectomy stroke care
- Endovascular aortic repair
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Interventional oncology
- Interventional pulmonology
The IR Nurse Duties/Responsibilities
- Safe and therapeutic care in a holistic and caring way to both inpatients and outpatients undergoing a wide variety of image-guided vascular, neurovascular, and body/organ procedures.
- Integrates knowledge, skill and experiences to meet the needs of the patient. Administration of medications, including conscious sedation and reversal agents in compliance of policy and procedures.
- Communicates professionally and works cooperatively with team members while utilizing an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Incorporates data and information to continuously improve care and practice to enhance outcomes. Ensures improvement in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in lifelong learning.
- Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice, serves as a resource, preceptor, and mentor. Leadership skills demonstrated in decision making and problem-solving.
Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to announce that the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) awarded Magnet® designation, the most prestigious accolade for nursing excellence, to our hospital in December 2020. Currently, only 8.5% of hospitals in the nation hold Magnet® designation and Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to be part of this select group. The new Magnet designation is in addition to several other prestigious recognitions which include: a five star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), being named by IBM Watson Health as one the nation's highest performing hospitals, and among the top 10 Major Teaching Hospitals, an A for Patient Safety by The Leapfrog Group, the #1 hospital in the DC metro area by U.S. News & World Reports, and being nationally ranked in gynecologic care.
- 1-3 years of experience as a Registered Nurse. Prefer Interventional Radiology experience for PRN position.
- Education: BSN or MSN or if Associates Degree, RN would need to commit to completing BSN within 24 months of hire
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
- BLS and ACLS certification (American Heart Association)
- Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others.
- Proficient computer skills required.