Registered Nurse (RN) Critical Care Float Pool
Inova’s mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve.
Inova is the only health system in the country where all 5 hospitals received five-star rankings from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services; they are the only hospitals in the Washington, DC region to have earned the highest rating from the federal agency. Inova is home to prominent clinicians and scientists, who drive innovation to improve patient care, prevent disease and promote wellness
As a Critical Care (CC) Registered Nurse – Float Pool, you will provide knowledgeable/caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patients, families, nurses and healthcare delivery teams. To help achieve our mission, you will consistently provide safe/therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way while incorporating differences into the provision of care. Ensuring that all patient care activities and interactions are patient/family centered is of vital importance. Your ability to integrate knowledge, skills and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum of care, to include patient and family education, is expected. Providing direction and guidance to others regarding practice while serving as a resource, preceptor and mentor is required. Serving as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment as well as successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality through relationships and access based knowledge is essential.
Critical Care nurses can float to all five intensive care units at Fairfax Medical Campus: Trauma ICU, Med/Surg ICU, Neuro ICU, Cardiovascular ICU and Cardiac Critical Care ICU. They are capable and trained to take care of high acuity patients and most advanced therapies. Going to a different unit everyday gives them the opportunity to serve different patient population, meet new people and collaborate with interdisciplinary teams.
We have great benefits!
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Clinical Advancement Ladder
- InovaWell program (health and wellness)
- 401K matching program
- At least two years of Critical Care RN experience
- BSN or MSN
- If Associates Degree RN, within 6 months of start date, identify accredited school to attend to complete BSN. Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date which must be within 24 months of start date
- BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification required (AHA)
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
- Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- ACLS and NIHSS