Endoscopy Tech Supervisor
Inova Fairfax Hospital is looking for Endoscopy Tech Supervisor to join their growing team of healthcare professionals!
The Endo Tech Supervisor is responsible for day-to-day operations of the Endoscopy department.
- Inclusive of the duties and responsibilities of Endo Tech 1, 2, and 3.
- Successful completion of the SGNA Advanced Associate’s Program.
- Manages stock levels for all required supplies and will oversee ordering as necessary in collaboration with materials management and departmental leadership.
- Monitors and provides feedback to staff on compliance for infection control, safety, and quality assurance in accordance with Inova policy.
- Assists with development of policies and guidelines pertaining to the technical aspects of the clinical operation of the department.
- Seeks knowledge on new trends/procedures/equipment in practice.
- Monitors the repair, routine maintenance and safety checks of all equipment in collaboration with Biomed and departmental leadership.
- Provides in servicing and education on equipment, supplies and processes according to manufacturer’s guidelines as needed for new and existing employees.
- Clinical Effectiveness and Quality
- Identifies clinical and operational variables affecting patient and case outcomes. Anticipates variances and adjusts care proactively, utilizing required resources.
- Develops and applies departmental policies, protocols and clinical practice guidelines with high precision and compliance when indicated and does so without supervision. Routinely applies new techniques and procedures with high proficiency within 30 days of training/orientation.
- Engages other clinical professionals to assist in responding to possible problems.
- Serves as a resource clinically, operationally, and educationally systemwide.
- Ensures all safety standards are addressed with the team.
- Facilitates operational efficiency between all phases of care and ensures all safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Collaborates with physicians to develop patient care protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Recognizes improvement opportunities in individual team members and suggests educational opportunities to meet staff needs.
- Coaches staff in developing their ability to determine immediate priorities and offers solutions for problems.
- Facilitates conflict resolution. Investigates concerns and complaints with all individuals involved and follows up with feedback to manage difficult behavior, promote positive working relationships, and advocate for patient safety. Documents all verbal counseling with Clinical Director and manager and places in employee file.
- Participates in the recruitment/hiring process of new staff.
- Provides complete orientation and training of new employees. Makes suggestions for extending orientation and additional skills needed for competency-based orientation as evidenced by employee performance
- Responsible for the completion of peer evaluations of assigned staff members within due date
- Works with manager to ensure assigned employees are current with required certifications, mandatory education and employee health requirements.
- Identifies the need for additional department education and assists in the development of competencies. Facilitates attendance at staff meetings, conferences and educational opportunities.
- Ensures appropriate staff coverage for the endoscopy unit and collaborates with Director with accommodating department needs, sick calls and PTO
- Teaches adherence to policy, procedures, and guidelines. Recognizes own limitations.
- Assist and mentors’ staff in identifying intraoperative outcomes.
- Mentors staff in problem solving and provides feedback to team members.
- Engages staff to be involved with the unit and system engagement initiatives.
- Monitors staff engagement. Develops impact plans to improve staff engagement continuously and collaborates with Director to communicate engagement results to staff.
- Facilitates and supports professional growth and development of staff.
- Seeks new knowledge toward the progression of goals, including lifelong learning.
- Assists the director with unit participation in emergency preparedness activities.
- Contributes to a supportive and healthy work environment by using appropriate verbal and nonverbal communication techniques.
- Demonstrates effective communication, consultation, negotiation, and collaboration skills with all team members.
- Builds trust by being approachable, honest, and accountable.
- Assists with timecard maintenance for assigned staff with accuracy.
- Always upholds Inova Standards of Behavior.
- Incorporates use of standards and guidelines to improve practice.
- Leads team in striving for best practices.
- Assists Endoscopy Leadership in developing a plan to overcome recognized variances in performance, or adherence to best practice.
Schedule: Monday - Friday (8am - 5pm)
Education: Associates Degree or additional 5 years of related experience in lieu of degree
Experience: 3 - 4 year experience as an Endo Tech
Certification: BLS (AHA); SGNA Advanced Associate’s Program Completion
Inova is Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova’s 18,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes.
Inova’s five hospitals are consistently recognized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals and Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades for excellence in healthcare.
Inova is home to Northern Virginia’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and Level 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Its hospitals have a total of 1,936 licensed beds. More information and statistics about Inova can be found at www.inova.org.
Safety Always: Learn how we keep our team members and patients Safe@Inova.