New Respiratory Therapists (2022)
Inova is seeking New Respiratory Therapists, earning their degree in 2022! A career in Respiratory at Inova is like no other. Because of the size and reputation of our network, the variety of environments our hospitals offer, the broad range of opportunities, and the mobility we provide, we meet our therapists’ professional and personal needs at every stage of their careers. And we do it all while keeping the welfare of our patients and their families at the center of everything we do. Each of our hospitals has a distinct personality. With such a wide variety of work environments, there’s sure to be a career that’s perfect for you!
You worked hard for your degree - We want to make sure you are rewarded for it! We offer a $10,000 Sign-On Bonus, $10,000 in Student Loan Assistance, $10,000 Referral Bonus, and Relocation Bonus! Plus don’t forget about our other amazing benefits and perks! (See below)
At Inova, we want you to succeed! Inova offers a safe environment for the necessary learning and support needed for a successful transition into the role of a professional practicing RT in an acute care setting including focusing on time management, communication, dealing with stress, conflict management, as well as working with complex clinical scenarios.
Inova is Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova’s 19,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes.
U.S. News & World Report has again ranked Inova Fairfax Hospital #1 in the Washington, DC metro area. In addition, Inova Fairfax has also been ranked #1 in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Inova Fair Oaks Hospital ranked #4 in DC and #10 in Virginia, and Inova Alexandria and Inova Loudoun Hospitals tied at #7 in DC and #13 in the state. In addition to overall best hospital rankings, all five Inova hospitals received recognition for high-performance in several specialties and common adult procedures and conditions. These rankings are a result of U.S. News evaluating more than 4,750 medical centers across the country.
Inova is home to Northern Virginia’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and Level 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Its hospitals have a total of 1,936 licensed beds.
Positions available for various shifts at the following facilities. Click the links to discover more about each location!
4320 Seminary Rd, Alexandria, VA 22304
3300 Gallows Rd, Falls Church, VA 22042
3600 Joseph Siewick Dr, Fairfax, VA 22033
44045 Riverside Pkwy, Leesburg, VA 20176
2501 Parkers Ln, Alexandria, VA 22306
Benefits and Perks:
- Health, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability
- Retirement: Inova matches dollar for dollar the first 5% of your eligible pay that you contribute to the plan
- Competitive salary: Pay based experience
- Amazing Paid Time Off: Accrue PTO hours on your very first day of work
- Supplemental Plans: Including Auto/Home Insurance discounts, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection
- Additional Benefits: Educational Assistance of up to $5,250/year, Student Loan Refinancing, Adoption Assistance, Child Care Centers, Scholarship Program, Free Parking, Exclusive savings opportunities to in-store events, theme parks, discounts, movie tickets and local offerings and so much more!
- Our benefits package includes a Table of Contents - Really! There's so much we offer, we can't include all it all on one page, check out our full 2022 Benefits Guide HERE
- Student of a Respiratory accredited CoARC (The Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care) program who will earn their degree in 2022/2023
- Eligible to sit for the National Board Respiratory Care advanced practitioner exam (CRT OR RRT)
- Possession of license from the Commonwealth of Virginia as a Respiratory Therapist by Start Date
- Basic Life Support Certification by Start Date
- With consideration for work assignment, routinely (>90%) completes work assignment with minimal assistance.
- Consistently meets established productivity standards.
- Consistently performs basic clinical assessments of the cardiopulmonary system with high degree of accuracy. Occasionally performs more thorough, advanced cardiopulmonary clinical assessments, with appropriate inclusion of other systems (e.g., cardiovascular, nutritional, neurologic, etc.).
- Administers advanced respiratory therapeutic interventions (e.g., heliox, nitric oxide, CNB, Chest Wall Oscillation, etc.) with moderate proficiency and occasional supervision.
- Establish and manage basic mechanical ventilation with most commonly used ventilators with high proficiency and minimal-to-no-supervision. Moderate-to-frequent use of more complex forms of mechanical ventilation (e.g., HFO, NPPV, PRVC, transport) with moderate proficiency and occasional supervision.
- Performs weaning mechanic as ordered with high proficiency in >90% of the ventilator patients cared for.
- Reviews daily the need for continuing ventilator support (i.e. spontaneous breathing trial, weaning) in >90% of the patients cared for with high degree of proficiency. Routinely develops or refines the ventilator care plan and communicates to the patient care team.
- Routinely formulates a plan-of-care for most patients based on patient diagnostics data, response-to-therapy, and the physiologic profile. Therapeutic plan is sound and consistent with the department standard-of-care.
- Is perceived by clinical staff as knowledgeable in many aspects of respiratory care. Establishes and recommends therapeutic interventions (e.g. contacting physician or care team) with moderate proficiency and occasional supervision.
- Uses effective time management in work organization and triaging.
- Collects specimens and performs basic diagnostic testing with moderate proficiency and minimal supervision.
- Successfully completes at least 12 continuing education units and provides documented evidence to the department for the evaluation year. Successfully completes at least 12 non-mandatory continuing education units and provides documented evidence to the department for the evaluation year. Successfully completes all of the departmental, hospital and system competencies required for job category within the designated time frame.
- Supports the advancement of the respiratory care profession by participating in one system, hospital, department, or professional initiative.
- Applies departmental protocols and clinical practice guidelines with high frequency, precision and compliance when indicated, and does so with minimal supervision. Routinely applies new techniques and procedures with high proficiency within 30 days of training/orientation.
- Meets Clinical Ladder criteria by meeting the Core requirements. Routinely (>90%) records data for the Quality Improvement processes with the department (i.e., SBT screening, ARDS/ALI screening, PDP bronchodilator assessment). Documents >95% of care provided with high degree of accuracy in 95% of the patients cared for. Documents according to protocols and/or charting templates.
- Provides educational training to patient and/or family members as appropriate (e.g. assesses the patient's learning style, barriers to learning) and knows how to make appropriate modifications with high proficiency and minimal supervision. Documents events
- Consistently communicates accurate therapeutic and patient information with healthcare members on the care plan, and does so in a manner consistent with the Inova standards.
- Actively seeks ways to assist other members of the healthcare team. Is generally recognized by peers and supervisory staff as collaborative and helpful, and has no more than 1 substantiated complaint form staff/co-workers during the evaluation year. Takes an active and positive role in training, education, and orientation of team members and students within departmental guidelines.