Registered Nurse Cardiac Telemetry North
*This Experienced RN position is eligible for a competitive Sign On and Relocation Bonus for qualified candidates.
Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to announce that the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) awarded Magnet® designation, the most prestigious accolade for nursing excellence, to our hospital in December 2020. Currently, only 8.5% of hospitals in the nation hold Magnet® designation and Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to be part of this select group. The new Magnet designation is in addition to several other prestigious recognitions which include: a five-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), being named by IBM Watson Health as one the nation's highest performing hospitals, and among the top 10 Major Teaching Hospitals, an A for Patient Safety by The Leapfrog Group, the #1 hospital in the DC metro area by U.S. News & World Reports and being nationally ranked in gynecologic care.
We are seeking a full time, experienced nurse to join our team on the Cardiac Telemetry North Unit at Inova Fairfax Hospital’s Heart and Vascular Institute. CTUN is a fast-paced unit with core values of teamwork, patient advocacy, and service excellence. Our culture encourages staff to function with high standards of critical thinking, autonomy, and respect for the multidisciplinary team.
Shift: 3 X 12hr night shift (7pm-7am)
Our specialty patient population includes but is not limited to:
- Chronic and Advanced Heart Failure
- Acute heart failure exacerbation requiring Bipap/highflow/high level diuresis
- Pre- and post-heart and lung transplant
- Pre-operative open-heart patients
- Mechanical Circulatory Support and Ventricular Assist Devices
- Advanced Pulmonary Hypertension
Key aspects of our unit that allows us to perform high quality care:
- Entirely private patient care rooms
- Strong focus on unit-based education
- Competitive nursing ratios with 3-4:1 on days and 4-5:1 on nights
- Highly trained charge nurses out of staffing 24/7 for resource
- Highly involved core management team including our clinical director, unit supervisors, and patient navigator to assist with education and transitional care needs
- A zero-tolerance policy for negativity or disrespect between team members
- Clinical technicians to provide CNA and phlebotomy support
Qualities that would make you right for our team:
- Critical thinking skills
- Delegation skills
- Eagerness to learn
- Effective communication skills
- Creative care strategies for chronic patients
- Above all a passion for patient care
We look forward to you joining our team and allowing us to guide you on your journey to become the best clinical nurse you can be. Please see the link below for additional information regarding Inova’s Heart and Vascular Institute.
At least six months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting.
• BLS for Healthcare Provider certification required.
• RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as an RN.
• Accredited School of nursing.
• BSN or AD
• If RN has an AD, within 6 months of start date the RN must meet with their nurse leader and
• Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
• Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
• Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
• Complete BSN within 24 months of start date