Unit Supervisor Operating Room (RN) Evenings 1:00p-11:00p
Inova Alexandria Hospital (IAH) is a 318-bed community hospital that offers a full range of healthcare services and has received national recognition for healthcare excellence. From babies to seniors, Inova Alexandria Hospital Provides World-Class Medical Care. We are dedicated to continually expanding our programs and services to help ensure we meet the healthcare needs of the communities we serve today and in the future.
IAH’s OR has 23 bays (15 phase 1 and 8 phase 2) that serve a diverse surgical population. Our Surgical Service Lines include, general, spine, orthopedic, neurosurgery, robotics, urology, plastics, gynecology, breast, podiatry, vascular, maxillofacial, dental, and ENT.
Our OR (Operating Room) team members are self-motivated, hardworking and a proficient group of nurses. We have self- scheduling and a varying/staggered shift times, and as of now, we staff until 2300 with moderate call requirements. Travel time for call cannot exceed 45 min. However, the hospital has a call room accommodation if needed. Nurses care for patients in pre op, Phase 1, Phase 2 depending on patient needs. We take pride in our excellent patient care and wide knowledge base that continues to expand and adapt to meet the needs of our community.
- One year of Operating Room nursing experience is required
- More than two years as a clinical registered nurse in the OR is desired
- Two years of direct OR Registered Nurse Supervisory experience preferred
- Degree from an accredited school of nursing, BSN or MSN preferred
- RN License to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- BLS for Healthcare Provider certification is required from AHA
- CNOR preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibits leadership ability that fosters teamwork and retention
- Demonstrates professionalism and ability to remain calm and lead in dynamic and busy situations
- Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office and healthcare software required
- Strong problem-solving capabilities and prioritization
- Serve as a resource and mentor to other clinical staff on the unit
Completion of revised Charge Nurse workshop within the first 90 days of hire.