Senior Director, Case Management, Inova Fairfax Medical Campus
Inova is Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova’s 20,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes.
Inova’s five hospitals are consistently recognized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals and Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades for excellence in healthcare.
Inova is home to Northern Virginia’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and Level 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Its hospitals have a total of 1,936 licensed beds. More information and statistics about Inova can be found at www.inova.org.
As a Senior Director of Case Management for Inova Health System's Fairfax Medical Campus (IFMC), you will direct the operations of Case Management while leading and coordinating key strategic developmental/functional services to support department objectives and organizational goals. To help achieve our mission, you will maintain effective and responsive relationships with patients, attending medical staff and other departments. Your management of department finances including budgeting, control of salary/non-salary and capital investment expenses is of vital importance. Managing professional and clerical staff through daily supervision, team member relations and staff development is essential.
Inova Fairfax Medical Campus is a 928-bed medical center, serving Northern Virginia, the Washington, DC region, and beyond. Our campus includes Inova Fairfax Hospital, Inova Heart and Vascular Institute, Inova Schar Cancer Institute, Inova Neurosciences, Inova L.J. Murphy Children’s Hospital and Inova Women’s Hospital. The campus is also home to Northern Virginia’s only Level I Trauma Center and offers organ transplant programs for heart, lung, kidney and pancreas.
- Responsible for leading, Social Work and RN Case Managers in the duties transition planning and the coordination of utilization review and denial prevention with our System Revenue Integrity team.
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of all Case Management related activities to include the preparation, distribution and interpretation of monthly reports on productivity and case management targets.
- Accountable for the management, measurement and continuous quality improvement of LOS, transition delays, and the integration of services with the Ambulatory Case Management team.
- Ensures that department/functional operations are in full compliance with accrediting and regulatory agency standards.
- Oversees the maintenance of case management database and use of case management software.
- Responds promptly to requests from other departments within the operating unit, and maintains cooperative relationship with corresponding department(s) at other operating units.
- Ensures adherence to Service Excellence standards and provision of the outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Collaborates with other departments and initiates performance improvement activities as appropriate to improve working relationships and patient experience.
- Coordinates and monitors the development of long range plans and annual budgets for Case Management department with the VP for Enterprise Case Management.
- Monitors financial performance to ensure it meets budgeted revenue/expense ratios.
- Manages reimbursement and contract issues through collaboration with managed care contracting, manages day to day operations of all referral, authorization and intake activities.
- Selects, hires, and trains staff to perform assigned functions at a competent level to include Case Managers and Administrative staff.
- Designs and implements staffing plans and assignments based on productivity and business needs.
- Establishes performance expectations and provides direction, feedback, and guidance to employees.
- Completes performance evaluations, employee relations, and needed disciplinary activities.
- Holds staff accountable to meet expectations.
- Creates staff development plans and works to assist staff to reach professional goals when possible within the needs of the department and organization.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree.
- Years of Experience: Six – eight years of experience in overall leadership management. Acute care case management is a plus.
- Certification: Certified Case Manager – within one year from date of hire.
- Licensure: Registered Nurse or Social Worker.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Proven leadership, people and communication skills.
Inova is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.