GI Hospitalist APP
The GI Hospitalist APP will provide inpatient support to the gastroenterology service and work directly with the gastroenterology service, primarily the GI hospitalist. The GI hospitalist service will be a primary service managing the acute hospitalization related to GI disease processes.
- Graduate of an accredited NP or PA program
- Board certified (ACNP or NCCPA certification)
- Virginia License
- Works in collaboration with the GI Hospitalist attending to provide acute care gastroenterology services.
- Management of various GI disease processes such as GERD, PUD, GI bleeding, esophageal and variceal bleeding, GI cancers, crohn’s disease, IBS, and other GI related illness/ conditions.
- Performs admissions, consultations, daily rounding, and discharges.
- Writes/ dictates history and physical notes, consult, and daily notes.
- Prescribes/ orders medications, therapies, diet, orders and interprets laboratory and imaging studies as well as procedures consistent with clinical privileges.
- Performs patient counseling/ comprehensive teaching, consenting, and preparation for GI procedures to be performed in the inpatient setting.
- Performs procedures as trained and delineated in DOP/ privileges.
- Ensure key quality metrics are optimized.
- Maintains Virginia License, DEA, and board certification as appropriate for NP and PA.
- Maintains BLS.
- Participates in quality improvement projects as assigned.
- Accurate and complete billing for services provided.