Registered Nurse Fellow Women's Surgical Specialty Unit
The Women's Surgical Specialty Unit at Inova Fairfax Medical Campus is seeking an energetic, service oriented Registered Nurse Fellow (experienced RN interested in changing specialty) to work on a fast-paced Medical Surgical Unit for women ages 18 and up. It is a great opportunity to see a variety of patients and expand fundamental clinical skills!
Inova Fairfax Hospital has been ranked #6 in the nation for Gynecologic care in the annual U.S. News Best Hospitals report!
Sign-On/Relocation Bonus Information: This position is eligible for a competitive Sign-On Bonus. Candidates who are relocating 50 miles or further are also eligible for relocation assistance.
This position is full-time, night shift – 3 x 12 hour shifts per week, 7:00pm to 7:00am
Inova Fairfax Hospital Women’s Center has the largest and most respected gynecologic surgery program in the region. Inova Women's Hospital has been designated as a Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology by AAGL, the leading association promoting minimally invasive gynecologic surgery. This designation means that both the hospital and the surgeons have undergone a review process and met standards to ensure the efficacy, safety and efficiency of their minimally invasive gynecology capabilities. Inova Women's Hospital offers the region's largest and most respected program for the diagnosis and treatment of pelvic floor disorders. We were the first area hospital to perform many of the minimally invasive procedures that improve women's outcomes while minimizing the impact of these procedures on quality of life.
Procedures on this unit include:
- General Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgery
- Gynecology / Oncology Surgery
- Urology / Gynecology Surgery
- Breast Surgery
- Plastics Surgery
- General Medicine / Telemetry & Continuous Pulse oximetry Monitoring
- Extended Recovery from Outpatient Procedure
- Success on this unit = flexibility, organization, time management, teamwork oriented, supportive, service minded, patient centered, and ready for learning!
Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to announce that the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) awarded Magnet® designation, the most prestigious accolade for nursing excellence, to our hospital in December 2020. Currently, only 8.5% of hospitals in the nation hold Magnet® designation and Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to be part of this select group. The new Magnet designation is in addition to several other prestigious recognitions which include: a five star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), being named by IBM Watson Health as one the nation's highest performing hospitals, and among the top 10 Major Teaching Hospitals, an A for Patient Safety by The Leapfrog Group, the #1 hospital in the DC metro area by U.S. News & World Reports, and being nationally ranked in gynecologic care.
The Inova RN Fellow:
- The RN Fellowship program will develop the necessary clinical skills to practice nursing in a competent manner within a specified service line. The RN Fellow, in an atmosphere of acceptance and support, will learn under the direct supervision of an experienced RN and through various other training formats.
- The RN Fellow participates in learning new knowledge, developing new skills, and meeting program objectives to be able to practice in assigned patient care delivery setting utilizing and applying new knowledge. The RN Fellow will be given time to learn, opportunities to practice, and mentoring to imbed the newly learned skills and knowledge.
- Communicates effectively with patients and families, team members and medical providers. Creates a collaborative team working environment. Has respect for and understanding of clinical disciplines. Uses a focused, integrated approach toward improving patient outcomes and the patient experience of care delivery.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive paid time off (PTO) accruals that increases with tenure
- Seven annual holidays in addition to your PTO
- Competitive 401k match
- Educational assistance
- Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates
- Free parking for all Inova team members at all Inova locations
- A minimum of 6 months of Registered Nurse or RN changing specialty area of practice
- Education: BSN or MSN or
If Associates Degree RN-Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:
- Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
- Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification from the American Heart Association required
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
- Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others. Proficient computer skills required.