Cardiopulm Rehab Ex Physio PRN
Job DescriptionAs a Cardiopulmonary Rehab Exercise Physiologist, you will develop a comprehensive plan of mutually agreed upon goals, in order to achieve the optimal health status for each patient. To help achieve our mission, you will evaluate patient responses to prescribed treatment plans and develop ongoing plans for continued lifestyle modifications in order to achieve optimal health status. As an exercise physiologist you will perform clinical and risk factor assessments to develop an Individual Treatment Plans comprised of cardiovascular and strength training prescription and progression, patient education, behavioral health support, and lifestyle management in order to achieve optimal outcomes for each patient we serve. Ideal candidates have a focus on a whole body approach to patient well-being, enjoy working on a multidisciplinary team in a collaborative innovative environment.
- Develops exercise prescription, incorporating comorbidity and musculoskeletal disorders, per established program (ACCVPR, ACSM, ATS) standards and guidelines, as evidenced by random chart review.
- Develops Individual Treatment Plans to include exercise and strength training programs, patient education and behavioral health support specific to each patient in order to achieve optimal outcomes for each patient.
- Demonstrates proper instruction and technique for performing appropriate exercise and strength training to ensure patient safety and adherence to exercise prescription, as evidenced by direct observation.
- Immediately reports significant changes in patient clinical status to appropriate members of healthcare team and assists with emergency care according to department policy, as evidenced by direct observation.
- Identifies risk factors and conducts appropriate physical assessments for baseline measurement to include waist measurement, BMI, along with additional function testing as indicated by program operations evidenced by random chart reviews.
- Complete patient assess for disease specific risk factors and clinical needs which may impact the Individual Treatment Plan, as evidenced by random chart review.
- Provides validation of clinical decisions for other team members.
- Supports and engages in clinical outcomes and quality improvement initiatives. Utilizes standards, guidelines and pathways for care delivery. Determines process for delivery of care from direct patient and family communication, technology, and other healthcare team member collaboration.
Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology or Kinesiology.
New Grad to three years of relevant clinical experience as a Cardiac or Pulmonary Exercise Physiologist or clinical experience from an educational program focused on Cardiac or Pulmonary Rehab.
Must obtain ACLS and BLS within 6 months of hire. (From American Heart Association only)
Obtain ACSM C-EP or AACVPR CCRP within 1 year of hire
Candidates working in Cardiac Rehab will assist in ECG review. Education on ECG review and assessment provided by Inova.