Back to Results
Alexandria Hospital 612215 Part Time 4320 Seminary Road, Alexandria, VA, 22304, USApply
Job DescriptionAs a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Technologist, you will provide clinical services according to MRI practice standards and act as a resource to MRI students and other technologists while ensuring optimal department functions. To help achieve our mission, you will administer sound patient care practices according to department/hospital policies and procedures while ensuring patient safety. Your ability to demonstrate magnetic safety for patients, staff and self as outlined in department protocols and regulatory guidelines is of vital importance. Maintaining equipment, exam rooms and work areas in a neat and safe condition, to ensure the safety of the patients and team members, is required. Completing ancillary tasks to ensure efficient and consistent departmental operations is expected.
- Communicates effectively with patients to obtain clinical history/informed consent to assist the physician in optimizing the performance and interpretation of the examination. Explains procedure to patients/families and answers any questions to ease anxiety and ensure patient cooperation.
- Assists the physician in performing a variety of examinations using standard department protocols, isolation precautions and/or sterile technique.
- Utilizes knowledge of IV's, heparin locks and central line usage as they pertain to Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).
- Demonstrates patient safety in department by use of side rails, braking mechanisms and patient monitoring. Reports, documents and corrects any adverse, unsafe or unusual conditions.
- Performs/recognizes the need for routine maintenance of imagers/processors to maintain consistent quality images.
- Provides clinical services according to MRI practice standards and acts as a resource to MRI students and other technologists.
- Showcases the ability and skills to assist in teaching radiography students sound radiography principles.
- Demonstrates proper technique for injection of IV contrast under the American College of Radiology guidelines. Performs Point of Care Whole Blood Creatinine testing per department policies/procedures.
- Work schedule: PRN
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of radiography or MRI certification from ARMRIT or CAMRT, or graduate of an accredited school of nuclear medicine with MRI training (must be MRI Registry eligible through ARRT).
- Experience: Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist and/or MRI Technologist in a hospital/healthcare environment or recent student at Inova Health System.
- Certification: BLS by the AHA; ARRT registered in radiography with additional ARRT, ARMRIT or CAMRT certification. Must obtain MRI certification with 12 months of hire.