Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery
The Labor and Delivery Unit at Inova Fair Oaks Hospital is seeking a full-time, night shift Registered Nurse. This position is a 0.75 FTE with 3 x 12 hour shifts one week and 2 x 12 hour shifts the following week, 7:00pm to 7:00am.
Sign-On/Relocation Bonus Information:
This position is eligible for a competitive Sign-On Bonus up to $20,000. Candidates who are relocating 50 miles or further are also eligible for relocation assistance.
The Labor and Delivery unit, which has recently undergone a beautiful renovation, consists of thirteen private labor and delivery rooms, an eight-bed triage/PACU area, and three operating rooms. The types of patients range from low risk deliveries to high-risk patients with pre-existing multisystem medical and obstetrical problems. The usual staffing assignment consists of 1 RN for 2 laboring patients and change to 1 nurse to 1 patient based on acuity and phase of labor. The team is committed to meeting the highest standards in quality care and patient experience and is proud of their continuing Magnet status.
Inova Fair Oaks Hospital is a top-ranked 182-bed acute care community hospital serving the rapidly growing suburbs of Northern Virginia. Inova Fair Oaks Hospital is committed to providing safe care, excellent service and is continuously striving to improve each patient's unique experience. That's why every patient we serve is a VIP – a Very Important Patient.
Inova Fair Oaks Hospital is located in Fairfax, Virginia, a suburb of Washington DC. Fairfax is home to restaurants, historic sites, museums, shopping and countless other entertainment options. Fairfax County Public Schools is one of the largest school districts in the country and serves the extremely diverse community of Fairfax County. If you are interested in relocating to Fairfax, Virginia and working at Inova Fair Oaks Hospital, we can offer you relocation assistance!
- Provides knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patient, family, nurse, and healthcare delivery team. Consistently provides safe, therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care. Conducts all patient care in a patient and family-centered manner. Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum, to include patient and family education.
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others. Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines. Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Serves as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment, and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality, through relationships and access-based knowledge. Utilizes standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery. Determines process for delivery of care from direct patient and family communication, technology, and other healthcare team member collaboration.
- Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning. Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice. Serves as a resource, preceptor, and mentor. Demonstrates leadership skills in decision making and problem solving.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive paid time off (PTO) accruals that increases with tenure
- Seven annual holidays in addition to your PTO
- Competitive 401k match
- Educational assistance
- Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates
- Free parking for all Inova team members at all Inova locations
- A minimum of 6 months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting
- Education: BSN or MSN or
If Associates Degree RN-Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:
- Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
- Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification required
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
- Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others. Proficient computer skills required.
For internal use only: IND1 #LI-CR1