Registered Nurse Outpatient Inova Cares Clinic for Children PRN
Inova is Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova’s 18,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes.
The InovaCares Clinic for Children is looking for a dynamic energetic and Spanish bilingual Registered Nurse to join our family. This is a great opportunity to be a leader in ensuring our under and uninsured pediatric population has the services they need. Inova Cares Clinic for Children, a service of Inova Health System, was established in 1993 as a response to the inability of uninsured or Medicaid mothers to secure an affordable medical home for their children. Inova Cares falls under the mission of Inova Health System to improve the health of the diverse community we serve through excellence in patient care, education and research. We are recognized as an accredited Patient Centered Medical Home by the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
The Inova Cares Clinic for Children is located at 6400 Arlington Blvd., Falls Church, Virginia 22042
Why join the InovaCares Clinic for Children
- You’ll have the support that you need: Throughout your day to day, you’ll have plenty of support from our team of 5 – 10 on-site providers, 5 Medical Assistants, 4 Front Desk personnel, 2 Floor Nurses, 1 Resource Nurse and 1 additional Licensed Practical Nurse as you triage patients, administer vaccines, assist providers with various procedures (e.g. catheter placements), refill medications and more!
- Community outreach: Different from an Urgent Care, our teamwork centered facility provides the full range of care to families with social and medical needs. The ideal candidate should have a genuine passion for helping patients in underserved populations who have nowhere else to go. On average, our single floor 20-exam room clinic sees anywhere between 100 – 140 children daily.
- Clinic Perks:
- 24 Hour FREE gym access
- FREE underground parking
- State of the art tenant lounge
- HUGE breakroom
- Café on-site
- What’s nearby?
- Popular local breweries and dinning
- We’re less than 4 miles from Target
- Schedule, shift, etc.
- Schedule: Monday – Friday, Days
- Candidates will occasionally work 1 Saturday on a rotating schedule with your fellow teammates.
- Shift: 8 am – 4:30 pm | 8:30 am – 5 pm | 9 am – 5:30 pm
- No night, on-call or holiday shifts
- 4 professional growth/training days per year.
- Schedule: Monday – Friday, Days
The Registered Nurse Outpatient at the Inova Cares Clinic for Children:
This is a clinical position on Peds.
- The RN will be responsible for
- clinical support for the MDs,
- Home tomorrow newborn visits,
- nurse visits for BP, weight follow-up etc,
- procedures – cath, nebulizer, ear irrigation, etc,
- vaccine management,
- Patient advice.
- This is a busy clinic seeing 100 – 150 patients a day.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is highly preferred.
Schedule: PRN, Monday through Friday, day shift. No night, no call, no holidays with a very rare occasional Saturday.
- Less than six months of Registered Nurse clinical experience.
- Education: BSN or MSN or
If Associates Degree RN-Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:
- Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
- Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification required
- First Aid certification required
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
- Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others. Proficient computer skills required.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish
- Previous experience working in Pediatrics