Registered Nurse Outpatient Primary Care Clinic
Inova Primary Care - Dulles South (located in Chantilly, VA) has an immediate opening for a Full Time Outpatient RN
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8a-5p
Busy office with several providers-this clinic sees 60-75 patients per day. Perfect for the RN that enjoys a fast paced environment!
As an Outpatient Registered Nurse, you will provide safe/therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way in a physician practice or other Outpatient setting. To help achieve our mission, you will incorporate differences into the provision of care, while integrating knowledge, skills and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families, to include patient and family education. Your ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with others while having respect for and an understanding of other clinical disciplines is essential. Using an integrated approach toward achieving desired patient outcomes by utilizing standards, guidelines and pathways for care delivery is of vital importance. Incorporating data and information to improve care and enhance outcomes while providing direction and guidance to others regarding practice is required. Serving as a resource, preceptor and mentor while demonstrating decision making and problem solving skills is expected.
- Formulates plans of care based on trends of similar patients including patient education and discharge planning. Collaborates with patients and families to identify realistic desired outcomes.
- Adapts standards and guidelines for individual patients.
- Tailors and prioritizes caring practice to individual needs including cultural, ethical and spiritual needs of patients. Participates in the planning of routine transitional healthcare needs (i.e. treatment options, patient placement options, end of life options).
- Responds to changes in patients' needs and provides holistic caring.
- Adapts planned educational programs and information to individual patients and families by modifying teaching strategies or content.
- Integrates education during the delivery of patient care.
- Ensures efficiency in the delivery of care. Determines immediate priorities and offers solutions for problems.
- Makes independent clinical decisions based on knowledge drawn from education and experience.
- Actively advocates for patients' rights and identifies potential conflict.
- Seeks counsel for resolution of conflict.
- Identifies variances from expected outcomes.
- Evaluates patient outcomes and makes revisions in plans of care.
- Documents all patient care activities as per documentation standards.
- Assists the healthcare team with the documentation process.
- Appropriately delegates patient care activities to other healthcare team members and participates in making/revising staff assignments.
- Demonstrates a willingness to give 100 percent and voluntarily assists others. Works with the team to achieve maximum productivity.
- Communicates and collaborates consistently with the healthcare team members, patients and families to maximize desired patient outcomes.
Experience - Required: 0-6 months of Registered Nurse clinical experience
Education - Required: BSN or AD
If RN has an AD, within 6 months of start date the RN must meet with their nurse leader and
- Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
- Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date
- Complete BSN within 24 months of start date Certification
BLS certification required through AHA
Licensure - Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of employment
Special Skills - Proficient in English. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to display a caring demeanor toward others. Proficient computer skills required.
For internal use only: #LI-KA1 IND1