Cytotechnologist -Full Time (Days)
***Sign On Bonus Available***
As a Cytologist, you will be responsible for maintaining knowledge of regulatory standards in order to satisfy compliance requirements. To help achieve our mission, you will maintain the overall efficient operation of the department by adhering to technical and scientific standards. Performing diagnostic microscopic cytology procedures on gynecological and non-gynecological specimens is of vital importance. Your ability to attend fine needle aspirations procedures for Rapid On-Site Evaluation (ROSE) is required. Participating in professional growth opportunities to enhance personal, team and department development is expected.
- Possesses the ability to take appropriate corrective action in situations involving quality control and instrumentation.
- Maintains the overall efficient operation of the department by adhering to technical and scientific standards.
- Maintains supply inventory, submits purchase requests with cost effectiveness in mind and strives to decrease cost per billable tests.
- Works closely with sales/client services on the management of existing accounts and marketing of new accounts while meeting with prospective clients to answer technical questions and provide information.
- Correctly evaluates and predicts a cytologic diagnosis based on the cellular sample.
- Understands principles and procedures of specimen processing in order to prepare the best cytologic preparation in an independent manner.
- Identifies unacceptable specimens with written documentation and contacts patients' physician or nurse for possible recollection.
- Instructs and supervises histology personnel in regards to the preparation of cytology specimens while on leave.
- Associates Degree with at least 12 semester hours in science, eight of which are biology.
- Cytotechnologist registry with the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP), or previously been admitted to the practice of Cytotechnology by existing regulations under a grandfather clause.