Back to Results
Social Worker Case Mgr I
Fairfax Medical Campus 614869 Part Time 3300 Gallows Road, Falls Church, VA, 22042, USApply
Job DescriptionAs a Social Worker Case Manager l, you will provide/evaluate biopsychosocial impact on patients' plans of care. To help achieve our mission, you will evaluate the ability of patients to progress throughout the continuum of care. Working collaboratively in communication with physicians, nursing and other members of the multidisciplinary care team to effect timely and appropriate patient management is of vital importance. Showcasing a working knowledge/experience in utilization management, managed care and payer issues is essential. Providing discharge planning and continuity of care for assigned patients in the acute and post-acute setting, with an understanding of pre/post-acute resources, is required. Your ability to provide coordination of services and act as a key Liaison between patients, families and the interdisciplinary healthcare members is expected.
- Participates in the assessment of patients' biopsychosocial needs through review of patient information, personal contact with patients/families and interdisciplinary care team members.
- Communicates routinely with patients, families, interdisciplinary care team members and other appropriate parties with regard to the status of patients' care plans. progress toward treatment goals, identification of concerns and/or problems, problem solving and assisting with conflict resolution when necessary.
- Ensures that all options available to support a successful transition and elements critical to patients' care plans have been communicated to patients/families and members of the healthcare team and are documented as necessary to ensure continuity of care.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of and experience in utilization management, managed care and payer issues.
- Understands utilization management and the use of clinical milestones to define transition timelines and community resources.
- Understands post-acute care criteria and documents appropriate referrals based on patients' clinical presentation and education needs.
- Refers cases and issues appropriately to resolve barriers to care progression.
- On the basis of preliminary risk screenings, assesses the psychosocial risk factors of patients/families through the evaluation of prior functional levels, appropriateness/adequacy of support systems, reactions to illnesses and the ability to cope.
- Intervenes with patients/families regarding emotional, social and financial consequences of illness and/or disability.
- Serves as a resource person and provides counseling and interventions related to treatment and end of life decisions.
- Advocates for patient/family empowerment and independence to make autonomous healthcare decisions and access needed healthcare services.
- Provides discharge planning and continuity of care for assigned patients in the acute and post-acute settings.
- Initiates and facilitates referrals to clinics, home healthcare, hospice, SNF, acute rehab, LTAC, TCM, medical equipment and supplies as indicated.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary care team, patients and families in the assessment/coordination of discharge planning needs, delivery of post-discharge planning needs, delivery of post-discharge services and transition of patients from the hospital to the discharge setting as well as ongoing care in the community.
- Documents relevant discharge planning information in the medical record according to department standards and/or care management plans.
- Collaborates/communicates with internal/external Case Managers.
- Understands pre/post-acute resources. Provides coordination of services and acts as a key Liaison between patients, families and the interdisciplinary healthcare members.
- Works holistically to ensure that care/discharge plans meet the physical, social and emotional needs of patients.
- Acts as an advocate for patients to resolve barriers to care progression.
- Education: Master of Social Work (MSW)
- Experience: 1 year of case management or clinical experience
- Certification: BLS from American Heart Association