Sr Dir Strategic Sourcing & Value Analysis
Job DescriptionDirects the corporate contract, purchasing and value analysis Leads strategic sourcing teams and value analysis committees to achieve annual supply chain expense reductions of 3 to 5% of current spending. Manages strategic Inova vendor relationships Manages the lnova system wide contracting process and portfolio. Oversees the procurement function across the Inova facilities. Lead and coordinates key strategic and functional services to support the systems and to achieve the goals and objectives of the healthcare system as well as the department Provides contracting services to departments and facilities
- Hires, evaluates and manages Corporate Contract Administrators, Value Analysis Manager and Contract Analysts.
- Provides mentorship to contract and value analysis staff to improve their ability to conduct detailed. quantitative analysis of non-labor savings opportunities and promote employee satisfaction.
- Establishes, reviews. and revises performance standards for assigned staff, interacting appropriately to set goals, communicate expectations, and provide feedback.
- Provides staff counseling and initiates discipline process when necessary as evidenced by documentation.
- Leads strategic sourcing teams and value analysis committees to achieve annual supply chain expense reductions of 3 to 5% of current spending.
- Establishes and facilitates value analysis teams and system wide service line and ad hoc committees
- Create annual savings target utilizing contract bid calendar, and current value analysis project opportunities.
- Collaborate with senior executives and physicians to obtain their buy-in for strategic savings opportunities.
- Align Contract Administrators and Contract Analysts with strategic sourcing events to achieve aggressive cost cutting goals.
- Lead value analysis teams to garner physician and stakeholder engagement around product utilization reviews and opportunities for standardization.
- Directs cross-organizational teams towards product standardization and utilization strategies to achieve savings goals.
- Manages strategic Inova vendor relationships
- Manages the process for evaluating individual contracting needs and or guarantees with products/services included in strategic vendor partnerships to maximize financial benefit for Inova and maintain vendor relationships. In conjunction with VP of Supply Chain Management . establishes and maintains strategic vendor relationships through joint key performance indicators and quarterly business reviews
- Analyze our group purchasing organization, contracts, and inventories to find ways to reduce costs and make intelligent buying decisions.
- Manages the lnova system wide contracting process and portfolio.Establishes policies/procedures/templates for contracting for goods and services, including vendor relationships and communicating policies/procedures to lnova departments and facilities. Manages compliance with !nova compliance policies and procedures and vendor code of conduct for department, end users and vendors.
- Manages portfolio of contracting services either internally or outsourced including capital, pharmacy, and for goods and services.
- Manages centralized contract process including requests to contract, analysis, negotiations, legal/financial review, implementation, ongoing review, storage of contracts.
- Maintains the policies and procedures that govern the procurement process Serves as an expert resource on the procurement strategy.
- Provide direct oversight for special purchasing projects such as emergency preparedness and contract compliance
- Facilitates the financial, clinical and legal review of contract proposals, product evaluation and completion of contracts.
- Facilitates product reviews, system wide and department selection committees leading to a product/contract decision.
- Provides contracting services including facilitating process of establishing clinical requirements with end users, analysis of proposals, negotiation, completion and implementation of contracts.
Minimum of ten years progressively responsible experience in health care required. Five years’ experience with facilitation of contract negotiations and procurement activities and value analysis required.
Professional competence with Microsoft Office Suite, ERP Procurement and Contract Management modules. Ability to build consensus and foster change in a large organizational setting.