Registered Nurse (RN) Neuroscience IMC Unit Eligible for Sign On Bonus
The Neuroscience Unit at Inova Fairfax Medical Campus is looking for a RN to join our team. We are a 24 bed unit with 12 IMC level of care beds and 12 Telemetry beds.
Full Time / Nights
We provide specialized care to patients in the neuro population in our 24 beds unit (12 dedicated IMC beds). You will be trained to care for patients on both the Intermediate Care and Neuroscience floor.
Inova Fairfax Hospital
Inova Fairfax Medical Campus is located in Falls Church, Virginia, a suburb of Washington DC. Northern Virginia is home to restaurants, historic sites, museums, shopping and countless other entertainment options. Fairfax County Public Schools is one of the largest school districts in the country and serves the extremely diverse community. If you are interested in relocating to Northern Virginia and working at Inova Fairfax Medical Campus, we can offer you relocation assistance!
The Inova Registered Nurse:
- Provides knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patient, family, nurse, and healthcare delivery team. Consistently provides safe, therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care. Conducts all patient care in a patient and family-centered manner. Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum, to include patient and family education.
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others. Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines. Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Serves as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment, and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality, through relationships and access-based knowledge. Utilizes standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery. Determines process for delivery of care from direct patient and family communication, technology, and other healthcare team member collaboration.
- Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning. Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice. Serves as a resource, preceptor, and mentor. Demonstrates leadership skills in decision making and problem solving.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive paid time off (PTO) accruals that increases with tenure
- Seven annual holidays in addition to your PTO
- Competitive 401k match
- Educational assistance
- Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates
- Free parking for all Inova team members at all Inova locations
- A minimum of 6 months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting
- Education: BSN or MSN or
If Associates Degree RN-Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:
- Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
- Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification from the American Heart Association required
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others. Proficient computer skills required.