Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant PRN
We are currently recruiting for a PRN Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant to join our team at our Inova Loudon Nursing and Rehab Center located in Leesburg, VA!
We are looking for a patient focused professional who demonstrates the essential skills in the use of treatment modalities, equipment and protocol and selects treatment methods appropriate to the patient’s diagnosis, age group, physical and emotional status. This individual must also need to perform reassessments according to guidelines adjusting the treatment plan accordingly. Our COTA’s also communicate and educate patient and/or family and will regularly work with medical staff, care team members, students, supervisors and outside contacts. We will also need this individual to adhere to department policy regarding time frames, form and content of rehab documentation.
- Recognizes the need for alterations in the treatment method and overall plan as the patient advances or regresses, and acts accordingly notifying primary OT of non-routine changes in the treatment situation, discharge complications or other circumstances that require reassessment or staff guidance.
- Completes administrative responsibilities as well as daily progress notes that reflect patient's response to treatment, actual performance, and an assessment as to status, relevant to the treatment plan, patient and family education, and eventual discharge needs and treatment summaries when applicable including any reasons for canceled treatment in a clear and concise manner.
- Contacts families, physicians or other health care team members in anticipation of special needs of the patients or family, providing educational materials and methods appropriate to the patient's level of understanding and motivation.
- Work in collaboration with care team members receptive to feedback; as well as giving appropriate instruction and supervision to assistive personnel in patient positioning, mobility and care giving
- Maintains productivity standards set by department/clinic, making use of non-billable time and demonstrates fiscal responsibilities regarding department expenses and revenue.
- While we will accept a new graduate, we are ideally looking for someone with at least 1 year experience as a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Must have an Associates' degree from an accredited Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Program
- Must have a BLS Certification from the America Heart Association
- Must have a VA Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification in good standing