Registered Nurse (RN) to rotate between: Med/Surg & Surgical Short Stay Full Time Days Eligible for Sign-On Bonus!
Inova Fairfax Hospital is seeking a Registered Nurse to rotate between the Med/ Surg & Surgical Short Stay Units!
Full Time / Day Shift
Eligible for Sign on Bonus
Inova: Inova’s mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve.
The Surgical Short Stay unit is a 12 bed Ambulatory unit, with much of the population - same day surgery. With rapid turnover in census and population, we are looking for an RN with experience in admitting and discharging several patients, during a 12 hour shift.
On South Tower 8 – Inpatient/Observation Medical Surgical Unit, a 24 bed unit, is primarily medical and surgical inpatient admissions with overflow from Surgical Short Stay and "like" inpatient surgical units.
* More than 6 months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting
* Education: BSN or MSN or If Associates Degree RN-Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:
•Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
•Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
•Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
* Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
* BLS for Healthcare Provider American Heart Associaton
* RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
* Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others.
* Proficient computer skills required.
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
As a Registered Nurse, you will provide knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patients, families, nurses and healthcare delivery teams. To help achieve our mission, you will consistently provide safe and therapeutic care in a holistic/systematic way while incorporating differences into the provision of care and conducting all patient care in a patient/family centered manner. Your ability to integrate knowledge, skills and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum, to include patient and family education, is of vital importance. Communicating effectively and working cooperatively with others while having respect for and an understanding of other clinical disciplines is required. Your ability to determine processes for delivery of care from direct patient/family communication, technology and other healthcare team member collaboration is essential.