Physical Therapist PRN
Come Join our patient focused inpatient rehabilitation team as a Weekday PRN Physical Therapist in our Mount Vernon Hospital. We are looking for a dedicated Physical Therapist to work PRN in our INPATIENT Mount Vernon Hospital Rehab Center*** Our renowned 67 bed inpatient hospital has highly trained clinicians utilizing the latest evidence based technologies and state of the art equipment. With specialty certified clinicians and state of the art equipment, our team is dedicated to providing comprehensive care to help individuals achieve their highest level of functioning. Our specialties include, Stroke, Brain Injury, Spinal Cord, Cancer, Cardiac, and adult Neuro among many other specialty areas.
As a Physical Therapist – Pro Re Nata (PRN) Weekday, you will select evaluation and treatment methods appropriate to the diagnosis, age group and physical/emotional status of patients while formulating appropriate treatment plans. To help achieve our mission, you will demonstrate essential skill competencies in the use of treatment modalities, equipment and protocols. Your ability to perform re-evaluations according to department guidelines, while adjusting treatment plans accordingly, is of vital importance. Adhering to department policies regarding timeframe, form and content of written evaluations, progress notes and discharge summaries is required. Communicating effectively with patients, families, medical staff, healthcare team members, students, supervisors and outside contacts is expected.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assumes complete responsibility over the course of physical therapy patient management from the time of initial contact to discharge for functional progress, safety and treatment outcome as evidenced by team feedback and documentation. Demonstrating creative problem solving and diversity when adapting the treatment to special circumstances as evidenced by team feedback and documentation
- Documents the results of the evaluation completely along with daily progress notes that reflect patient's response to treatment, actual performance, and an assessment as to status, including discharge notes that include a summary of the course of treatment, progress toward goals, discharge needs, recommendations for follow-up, and patient and/or family education as evidenced by chart review and team feedback. This must be done clearly, concisely and legibly within established time frames
- Completes all administrative and other responsibilities in support of the operating unit in a timely manager. Must also demonstrate fiscal responsibility and knowledge about (e.g. supplies, equipment, billing, staff resources) used in the department as evidenced by team feedback and observation and maintains productivity standards set by department/clinic and makes efficient use of non-billable time, minimizing use of non-billable time.
- Assumes leadership role in committees, department processes and special projects in accordance with clinical expertise and individual performance plan, and contribute to educational efforts of department/clinic (e.g. in-services, students, CPR, new hire orientation, Q.i) as evidenced by program/clinic specific documentation.
- Addresses discharge planning needs from initial evaluation to discharge as evidenced by team feedback and documentation.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy
- Virginia Physical Therapist license in good standing
- While over one year experience in an outpatient Physical Therapy setting is desired, we will accept new graduates of licensed physical therapy program.
- Must also have BLS/CPR certification from the American Heart Association upon start.