Back to Results
Cardio Sono 1
Alexandria Hospital 615636 Part Time 4320 Seminary Road, Alexandria, VA, 22304, USApply
Job DescriptionAs a Cardiovascular Sonographer 1, you will administer sound patient care practices according to hospital and department policies/procedures to ensure patient safety. To help achieve our mission, you will demonstrate safety for patients, staff and self as outlined in department protocols and regulatory guidelines. Completing ancillary tasks to ensure efficient and consistent departmental operations is required. Your ability to maintain equipment, exam rooms and work areas in a neat and safe condition to ensure the safety of the patients and employees is of vital importance. Providing clinical services according to diagnostic echo vascular principles, theory and practice standards to ensure optimal department functions is required.
- Communicates effectively with patients to obtain clinical history/informed consent from patients or patients' charts to assist the physician in optimizing the performance and interpretation of the examination, as evidenced by the exam results.
- Explains procedure to patients/families and answers any questions to ease anxiety while assuring patients cooperation, as evidence by customer satisfaction.
- Assists the physician in performing a variety of examinations using standard department protocols, isolation precautions and/or sterile technique, as evidenced by Radiologist's satisfaction.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize clinical and/or emergent problems that may interfere with exams and takes appropriate action to resolve them and produce the most desirable outcome, as evidence by exam results and patient satisfaction.
- Demonstrates proper technique for injection of IV contrast, or other test-enhancing solution, under the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Standards. Correctly identifies patients and appropriate orders ensuring a high degree of accuracy, as evidenced by the lack of mismatched studies.
- Tracks patients according to department procedures. Identifies errors and takes immediate action for corrections, as evidenced by the EMR and PACS Systems reports.
- Demonstrates proper care and aseptic cleaning of all patient related equipment, following established department policies, to ensure the quality of care provided to patients.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of echo vascular principles/theory, anatomy and pathology processes utilizing the most appropriate techniques and/or positioning for optimal examinations, as demonstrated by exam results.
- Hours/Schedule: PRN, hours varies
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school/program of diagnostic medical sonography or 5 years specialized training in a hospital/healthcare setting
- Experience: In a hospital/healthcare environment in the performance of cardiac or vascular sonography
- Certifications: ARDMS Registered with RDCS Certification, or CCI Registered with RCS Certification for Echo, or ARDMS with RVT or CCI with the RVS; Certification for Vascular. BLS (AHA)