ED Communications Paramedic- Adult Emergency Department
Inova is Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova’s 18,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes.
Inova’s five hospitals are consistently recognized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals and Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades for excellence in healthcare.
Inova is home to Northern Virginia’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and Level 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Its hospitals have a total of 1,936 licensed beds. More information and statistics about Inova can be found at www.inova.org.
ED Communications Paramedic in the Adult Emergency Department at the Inova Fairfax Medical Campus
As an Emergency Department (ED) Communications Paramedic, you will have an in-depth knowledge of ED operations, patient flow and the pre-hospital system. To help achieve our mission, you will ensure that all incoming patient information is documented per policy and incorporated into patients' electronic medical records. Your ability to provide direction and guidance to others regarding practice while serving as a resource, preceptor and mentor is of vital importance. Providing wound care according to department clinical practice standards and acting as a resource to physicians and nurses to provide optimum care is expected.
Shift: 12 Hour Night
Schedule: Days Vary
Training: Ideal candidate must be able to attend 6 week training
Our commitment to keeping patients safe, means there’s no safer place for you to work. We safeguard our patients, by safeguarding our team members.
• Inova is well stocked with the best and latest PPE
• Masks are provided to patients entering our buildings, and offered free to visitors
• Covid-19 patients are isolated in dedicated areas
• Inova operates curbside Covid-19 testing sites that are far removed from the main facilities
• All team members are trained in the latest screening guidelines
- 1 year of active field or acute care experience
- High School diploma/equivalent
- Must be able to read, write and understand English fluently
- BLS Certification
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Active Emergency Medical Technician- Paramedic (NREMT-P) licensure
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and have working knowledge of common software applications (Microsoft, Excel, etc).
- English proficiency, computer literate.