Back to Results
Patient Access Associate 3
Health Services Fairview Pk 616326 Full Time 3130 Fairview Park Drive, Falls Church, VA, 22042, USApply
Job DescriptionAs a Patient Access Associate 3, you will provide excellent service by identifying customer needs and fulfilling customer expectations. To help achieve our mission, you will perform assigned duties related to patient admissions while completing assigned activities related to patient scheduling for medical procedures. Verifying and entering insurance information and authorization/referral requirements into databases is of vital importance. Counseling patients on financial liability by using available financial counseling tools to achieve maximum reimbursement for patient services is expected. Ensuring a safe patient care environment to the fullest potential, in an effort to achieve team goals, is required.
- Reports safety hazards/violations and takes appropriate action to protect the environment and guests until help arrives – if necessary.
- Accepts and provides direct/honest feedback between team members in a non-punishing manner.
- Explains insurance benefits and patient liability through the use of appropriate communication methods/styles.
- Supports scheduling activities by conducting pre-service activities such as insurance verification/submission.
- Gathers information about customer complaints in a courteous and professional manner.
- Troubleshoots individual admission issues in collaboration with other departments/staff.
- Identifies and communicates payroll authorization and referral requirements.
- Delivers an acceptable volume of work with high levels of accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned.