We currently have a need for a full time Physical Therapist who will specialize in the care and treatment of our Ortho patients, to join our team of rehabilitation professionals in our Inova Physical Therapy Center in Dulles South located in Chantilly, VA. We are open to either an entry level therapist or an experienced therapist with a background in ortho and a desire for advanced learning and potentially certification in this field.
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the essential skills in the use of treatment modalities, equipment and protocols and will perform reassessments according to state and facility guidelines, adjusting treatment plan accordingly. This individual also must be able to communicate effectively with patients, family, medical staff, care team members, students, supervisors and outside contacts. The successful candidate will adhere to department policy regarding time frame, appropriate form and content of written rehabilitation documentation along with having the ability to complete all administrative and other responsibilities in support of the operating unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assumes complete responsibility over the course of physical therapy patient management from the time of initial contact to discharge for functional progress, safety and treatment outcome as evidenced by team feedback and documentation. Demonstrating creative problem solving and diversity when adapting the treatment to special circumstances as evidenced by team feedback and documentation
- Documents the results of the evaluation completely along with daily progress notes that reflect patient's response to treatment, actual performance, and an assessment as to status, including discharge notes that include a summary of the course of treatment, progress toward goals, discharge needs, recommendations for follow-up, and patient and/or family education as evidenced by chart review and team feedback. This must be done clearly, concisely and legibly within established time frames
- Completes all administrative and other responsibilities in support of the operating unit in a timely manager. Must also demonstrate fiscal responsibility and knowledge about (e.g. supplies, equipment, billing, staff resources) used in the department as evidenced by team feedback and observation and maintains productivity standards set by department/clinic and makes efficient use of non-billable time, minimizing use of non-billable time.
- Assumes leadership role in committees, department processes and special projects in accordance with clinical expertise and individual performance plan, and contribute to educational efforts of department/clinic (e.g. in-services, students, CPR, new hire orientation, Q.i) as evidenced by program/clinic specific documentation.
- Addresses discharge planning needs from initial evaluation to discharge as evidenced by team feedback and documentation.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy
- Virginia Physical Therapist license in good standing
- While one year experience in a Physical Therapy setting is desired, we will accept entry level licensed physical therapists.
- Must also have BLS/CPR certification from the American Heart Association upon start.