Med Lab Scientist Med Tech 2-PRN
Inova Lorton HealthPlex is seeking a PRN (on-call) Medical Laboratory Scientist 2 to join the team.
Inova Benefits and Perks:
- Health, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability
- NEW! 4 weeks PAID PARENTAL LEAVE
- Retirement: Inova matches dollar for dollar the first 5% of your eligible pay that you contribute to the plan
- Competitive salary: Pay based experience
- Amazing Paid Time Off: Accrue PTO hours on your very first day of work
- Supplemental Plans: Including Auto/Home Insurance discounts, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection
- Additional Benefits: Educational Assistance of up to $5,250/year, Student Loan Refinancing, Adoption Assistance, Child Care Centers, Scholarship Program, Free Parking, Exclusive savings opportunities to in-store events, theme parks, discounts, movie tickets and local offerings and so much more!
Requirements for consideration
Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college/university in Medical Laboratory Science / Medical Technology. OR a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college/university with 16 semester hours (24 quarter hours) in biology including one semester in microbiology and 16 semester hours (24 quarter hours) in chemistry including one semester in organic or biochemistry,, which may be obtained within, or in addition to, the baccalaureate degree.
- One of the following:
- Successful completion of a NAACLS or ABHES accredited MLT program.
- Successful completion of a 50 week U.S. military medical laboratory training course within the last ten years.
Years of Experience:
- Successful completion of a NAACLS accredited MLS program, NAACLS or ABHES accredited MLT program, or a foreign medical laboratory science clinical training program within the 12 months can be used in lieu of one year of full time acceptable clinical experience.
- ASCP or AMT Board certification consistent with scope of responsibility to include: MT, MLS, MLT, BB, SBB, C, H, M, SH, SCT, MB, SMB, SM, SC, and HEW.
- Reviews technical activities for quality assurance per facility requirements.
- Completes all required documents associated with training and/or competency in a timely manner.
- Participates in continuing education per facility expectations and/or to maintain registry certification.
- Participates and helps prepare Laboratory for self and onsite inspections.
- Follows site specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and instructions. Annually reads SOP and documents knowledge of contents.
- Performs required Quality Control (QC) measures, including corrective action and documentation, for all procedures and instrumentation. Recognizes QC problems or discrepancies and attempts to determine cause of problems prior to notification. Notifies appropriate individual(s) regarding QC problems or discrepancies according to the established procedures.
- Acts as a resource person/key operator for coworkers, customers and patients for technical questions. Demonstrates an expanded knowledge of technical and administrative tasks beyond normal technical operations.
- Reports accurate results while minimizing the number of corrected reports not attributed to auto-verification or specimen conditions beyond technical control.
- Adheres to regulatory agency guidelines (e.g. CAP, The Joint Commission, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, OSHA, State, FDA, AABB, etc.).
- Demonstrates knowledge performing special procedures per department and based on competency assessment specific to those procedures.
- Performs other related duties as needed.