LPN Outpatient- Inova Kellar Center (Fairfax)
Job DescriptionAs a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) – Outpatient, you will provide basic therapeutic nursing care according to established standards of practice under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN). To help achieve our mission, you will provide care to patients whose care requirements are routine/standardized and with predictable outcomes. Assisting the RN and healthcare team to achieve desired patient outcomes is of vital importance. Communicating effectively and working cooperatively with others while showing respect for and an understanding of other clinical disciplines is expected. Demonstrating knowledge of quality improvement initiatives and participating in performance improvement activities is required.
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives.
- Participates on unit teams, work groups and/or committees.
- Demonstrates knowledge of unit based quality improvement initiatives.
- Identifies own learning needs based on self-evaluation and the progress made from the previous year.
- Provides direct patient care utilizing the nursing process under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Maintains own team member continuing education record as well as outlined core and specialty competencies relevant to area of practice.
- Effectively communicates with healthcare team members and patients/families while supporting healthcare team members to achieve goals.
- Maintains and reviews patient medical records, notes and physician orders while documenting all patient care activities in accordance with documentation standards.
• Education: Completion of an accredited LPN school.
• Certification: Basic Life Support
• Licensure: Licensed or eligible for licensing in the state of employment as a Licensed Practical Nurse.