Mgr Apps EPIC Team
Job DescriptionAs a Manager of Clinical Applications for the Epic Team, focused on Radiant, OpTime, and Anesthesia, you will exhibit the ability to successfully perform leadership, decision making and administrative responsibilities necessary to comply with Inova Health System and Information Technology (IT) policies, procedures and standards. To help achieve our mission, you will exhibit strong task and project management skills in order to manage tasks in a range of size and complexity while ensuring project milestones are successfully completed and implementation is completed on time and within budget. Exhibiting very strong oral and written communication skills necessary to communicate (technically and non-technically) with team members, other applications staff/consultants, IT management and users to ensure successful and cooperative completion of tasks and projects while resolving problems in a timely manner is of vital importance. Leading a team of Application/System Analysts responsible for the assigned Epic and system applications is required. Performing daily/ongoing management and oversight of implementation, installation, training and service/support of applications in conjunction with the application teams and consultants, as needed, is expected.
- Ensures technical accuracy and presents project plans to management for review and approval.
- Provides effective applicant behavioral interviews and makes hiring recommendations to the applications leadership.
- Ensures Applications team develops, demonstrates and maintains proficient use of project management software and tools.
- Provides staff orientations, coaching, mentoring and training as necessary. Works closely with leadership providing input on staff performance.
- Ensures Applications team understands and adheres to project implementation and problem resolution priorities set forth by Epic standards and Information Technology (IT) department policies. Collaborates with IT and purchasing resources on recommendations for purchase.
- Ensures that the Applications team communicates and follows up in a positive and meaningful manner with other Applications teams, IT management and end-users on the status of problems, current tasks and project priorities.
- Provides analysis on progress against plan and results against goals.
- Leads and assists Applications team in developing logical, detail-oriented project plans to include tasks, implementation time frames, resource allocations and possible cost estimates and cost/benefit analysis.
Bachelor’s Degree – Information Systems
Five years of project management experience with progressing levels of responsibility. Management experience. Experience in hospital environment.
EPIC – MyChart
Five years of project management experience with leadership and implementation responsibility.