Inova is currently hiring experienced Labor and Delivery Registered Nurses at the following care sites including System Float Pool:
- Inova Alexandria Hospital
- Inova Fairfax Medical Campus
- Inova Fair Oaks Hospital
- Inova Loudoun Hospital
*Competitive Sign-On Bonus and Relocation Assistance available for eligible Candidates (see terms below)
Schedule: Full-Time, Part-Time, or PRN
Shift: Day, night, and weekend shifts are available
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance benefits
- Competitive paid time off (PTO) accruals that increase with tenure
- Seven annual holidays in addition to your PTO
- Competitive 401k match
- Educational assistance and student loan assistance
- Paid parental leave
- Inova Scholarship for dependent children of Team Members pursuing health degrees
- Dedicated onsite EAP counselors at each of our hospitals
- Free parking for all Inova team members at all Inova locations
Inova is currently hiring for the following positions on our Labor and Delivery Units:
- Registered Nurse - requires a minimum of 6 months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting.
- Registered Nurse Unit Supervisor - requires at least one year of Registered Nurse clinical experience.
- Neonatal Resource Nurse - requires a minimum of 6 months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting.
- Registered Nurse First Assistant - requires 5 Years of Perioperative Nursing practice as both a scrub and circulating nurse, or if less years of experience, 3 recommendations from practicing Surgeons and demonstrated clinical practice. Successful completion of an RFNA program that meets AORN recommended education standards for RN First Assistant programs. Meets requirements of statutes, regulations, and institutional policies relevant to RN First Assistants. CNOR certification.
- Service Line Leader - requires 2 years of clinical experience related to Labor and Delivery
- System Float Pool L&D RNs (must be willing to float to any of our hospital locations) - requires a minimum of 3 years of L&D nursing experience. ACLS and PALS certifications. BSN required.
About our hospitals:
- Inova Alexandria Hospital - Inova Alexandria Labor and Delivery is a 13-bed unit, complimented by 3 operating suites, 4 PACU beds, and 4 Clinical Decision beds. Approximately, 3,600 deliveries take place each year, including deliveries for high-risk obstetric patients. Our nurse to patient ratio is 1:2.
- Inova Fairfax Medical Campus – The Labor and Delivery Unit is located within the Inova Women’s Hospital at the Inova Fairfax Medical Campus in Falls Church, Virginia. Our unit has 33 L&D beds and 6 C-Section ORs. Our nurse to patient ratio is 1:2. Inova Fairfax Hospital performs over 10,000 births each year and is a leader in care for high-risk pregnancies.
- Inova Fair Oaks Hospital – The Labor and Delivery unit at Inova Fair Oaks Hospital located in Fairfax, Virginia, has recently undergone a beautiful renovation. Our unit consists of thirteen private labor and delivery rooms, an eight-bed triage/PACU area, and three operating rooms. Our nurse to patient ratio is 1:2. Inova Fair Oaks Hospital recently earned a High-Performing rating for the first edition of Best Hospitals for Maternity by U.S. News & World Report.
- Inova Loudoun Hospital - Inova Loudoun Hospital recently unveiled a brand-new Labor and Delivery Unit, Postpartum Care Unit and Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Located in our new North Patient Tower, these advanced facilities will allow us to continue to deliver exceptional birth experiences for years to come. The Labor and Delivery Unit at Inova Loudoun Hospital has 12 labor and delivery beds and 3 C-section suites. Inova Loudoun Hospital also offers the area’s only hospital-based natural birth center for patients interested in an unmedicated, home-like birth.
- Experience: Previous experience in Labor and Delivery is strongly preferred
- Education: Associates Degree in Nursing required; BSN or MSN highly preferred
- Associates Degree RNs: must be enrolled in an accredited BSN program within 6 months of start date and complete/graduate from an accredited BSN program within 24 months of start date
- RN license, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
- BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification from the American Heart Association required
- Skills: Proficient in English, strong verbal, and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others. Proficient computer skills required.
- Applicable experience required.
- Internal Candidates and Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
- Candidates accepting Full-time and Part-time positions eligible.
- Candidates accepting a full-time position and are relocating from more than 50 miles away from primary work location qualify.