Registered Nurse (RN) Operating Room Mount Vernon Hospital
Inova Mount Vernon Hospital is a 237-bed hospital offering patients convenience and state-of-the-art care in a community environment. Our hospital sits on 26 acres of beautifully landscaped open space, where patients can find moments of serenity in our specially designed gardens. Inova Mount Vernon Hospital is home to the nationally recognized Inova Joint Replacement Center and Inova Rehabilitation Center. Both are ranked among the top orthopedic and rehabilitation programs in the country. It also is the administrative and clinical home for the Inova Wound Healing Center, the region's largest and most experienced.
Come join an engaging and passionate perioperative team dedicated to providing exemplary health care every time, every touch. Mount Vernon is a community hospital with 8 OR suites that serves the population in robotics, general, orthopedics, spine, plastics, ENT, urology, and gynecology. The OR functions 24/7 with the support of call team on off-shifts and holidays. It is a fast- paced environment that focuses on strong teamwork and patient safety.
There are many opportunities for growth with our ADVANCE Clinical Ladder program, shared governance committees, and unit based practice councils where your voice can make a difference.
- One year direct Operating Room nursing experience is required
- BSN or ADN Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. If RN has an ADN, within six months of start date the RN must meet with their nurse leader and identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend - Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses - Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date - Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- RN License to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- BLS for Healthcare Provider certification issued by the AHA is required
- Must be available to take call when scheduled
- CNOR certification a plus